1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Crafting for REVERSE Weapons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pixel, Jan 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    8:07 PM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    This might seem like a wild request, but i was thinking when i saw Reverse and TL announced with PB that we could finally have some use to pieces of time and stuff

But things are suddenly turning a bit more...fast than we expected

So for those who dont know, this is what is required to craft a Reverse Weapon (2h sword for example) (110 att 3 levels)
    upload_2021-1-10_13-4-49.png

And this is what requires for a TIMELESS (112 att , 5 levels )
    upload_2021-1-10_13-5-20.png

As you can see the main difference in the material is only the Rock and Pieces of Time

Obviously NT weapons by themselves already require a lot of work to obtain
    And Since Reverse and Timeless are obviously higher att should be an obvious upgrade, Right?

Not really
    There's a reason that despite Dragon equipment being in the game many people go with the level 100 counterparts regardless or other factors like speed or secondary stats (e.g. the aforementioned 2h sword, bows, crossbow, claws)

Some like the 1h sword are better in NT form than in Reverse due of the speed

But either way, not only that but the earlier level requirement makes NT a more attractive

But these weapons aren't bad, now what's the issue
    People are defeating PB too easily and NT weapons is a steep cost to waste on a Reverse.

I've seen PB kills like once a day, it's becoming obvious that while the price of Rocks of time isnt cheap, they are not a fantasy or far away, not to mention PB dropping weapons and armor itself

So why would someone buy 45 pieces of time for a reverse while a timeless is the same level and has better stats

You are better with a scrolled NT/Dragon/100 weapon over wasting a reverse

There is another thread talking about changing TL to require Reverse, which honestly seems the better option
    but another idea would be to make Reverse require Dragon + steeper piece cost
    Or another expensive material/mesos to make up the cost

But NT requires Dragon already doesn't it?

But going from 110 to 120 weapon and all the materials for a reverse doesn't seem to be worth the trouble now ,

NT weapons have 108 att and Reverse have a potential 116 base attack if level up rolls are in favor and i think 113 at worst, Not a bad tradeoff

I feel like NT would be a better availability but Reverse would be later level for power, maybe increase the crafting cost of pieces of time to make the pieces more worth aswell

I'm not sure but as things are right now, i don't think anyone wants to burn their Neo Tokyo weapons for a reverse ,even when good due to the risk of failing a scroll and the fact that the same weapon can be now changed by a expensive although realisticly obtainable Timeless.

I know my suggestion isn't the best and while writing the thread i found about the other suggestion of using Reverse as a stepping stone for Timeless

I'm not sure though, since no one would spend time scrolling a reverse to fail or boom a timeless, although by then everyone would be WS'ing it but still

I think making Reverse a later more expensive option than NT, rather than a direct upgrade , would be better, is not like NT is as cheap tho but pieces of time and reverse weapons will fade into obscurity given how fast and how accessible Rocks of Time will become.

I may be missing some data or some obvious fact i miss so feel free to let me know

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.