1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Class to play...

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by KOSEM, Dec 5, 2015.

fastest leveling class at the lower levels 30-70?

1. Bandit

2. Assassin

3. Cleric

4. I/L

5. Spearman

6. Fighter

7. Page

8. Crossbowman

9. Hunter

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    3:29 PM
    Hey guys, so after such a long break I had from this server...Ive nearly forgotten anything about it here. But thats not the core of the problem. I think the core of the problem is to pick the right class for me.

You see guys, on a low rate server like this, where we make progress really slowly, I was planning to pick a class that is easier to train at the lower levels of 30-120 or so. I want a class that does not necessarily reach a high level fast, but is simply easy to train at the lower levels.

So, obviously what has popped in my(and many others') minds, is the Cleric class. Needless to say, Clerics level up real fast in addition to them being a money making machine. They sure are a great choice to make when it comes to picking a fast leveling class.

But, I want to consider other options as well.

Can you guys help me think together, what other classes can level up fast?

Thanks!

2. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Bandits are easy to level 70-120.

Warriors aren't too bad, either.

3. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Bandits are indeed easy at 70+, but I'm looking for a class that levels up fast at the lower levels. By lower levels I'm referring to 30-70, mostly. The leveling speed at 70+ gets kinda slower for all classes, so I dont want to be too nitpicky on that.

Bandits at 30-70 have no mob skill. It will certainly be slow leveling up.

Warriors...they're an option but I'm trying to think how I would speed them up because even though they get a mob skill already at 1st job, they're slow as hell.

4. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    If you're thinking 2nd job, maybe try a Bowman. They get Arrow Bomb which is a great mobbing skill, and to top it off, ranged.

Also, Bandits make up for shitty 2nd job. Whereas many classes slow down then, a CB will powerlevel like crazy until 100-110, that's where it gets somewhat slow.

5. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Well yes, I think the 2nd job period is the hardest to get through, thats always how I felt with low rate servers like this.

Bowman...well...let me tell you what the problem I have with them is. First off, they cant attack in close range - which limits them to specific training spots. Second, they're somewhat weaker compared to other classes at 2nd job with similar mobbing skills. Third, Arrow bomb is difficult to use at crowded spots, which again takes us back to the close range issue.

Power knock back was meant by Neckson to be the "solution" for that, but its honestly not the case most of the time.

The only classes so far I can think of which are both fast and have an effective 2nd job mobbing skill, is Cleric and I/L. Being an I/L may be an advantage over Clerics since Clerics Heal only hits undead mobs, but at 3rd job I will be at a disadvantage as an I/L because I would have no HS, which everyone needs.

6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Priest to bishop is quite hard tbh...

7. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Would you say I/L levels faster? I made a long research on all the 2nd job classes, and I arrived at some conclusion that I/L may statistically be the fastest leveling with Teleport + Lightning bolt training at a ligthning-weak monsters map.

8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I do assume i/l to be faster indeed. Not sure if the slightly faster training makes up for the extra costs+no hs...

9. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    With elemental wand + spell booster, they might also attack faster and be stronger than priest as well. The only thing is I'm not sure if elemental bonuses and the attack speed boost of Spell booster actually works or not. And even if so, like you say, having no HS is indeed a big disadvantage - seeing as so many people/parties need it, I might feel left out when people are recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:29 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    duo with 2 Hunters at Lupins and Zlupins is probablly the fastest 30-50
    and then maybe stay at there until u can do WR efficiently, which is really fast aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    9:29 AM
    Tbh choose a class that you all around like.
    Anything with aoe trains fast, but will you enjoy the playstyle afterwards?

It also depends on how funded you plan to be.

A good way is to relate to other games, what classes do you find yourself enjoying? Whether it be moba or mmos.

12. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I'm considering either Cleric or I/L right now, these two are the only ones I can think of that fit my gaming style and also fit my search for a class that levels up fast early levels.

I'm just contemplating about whether having no HS as an I/L would be such a big disadvantage as I think it may be or not.

13. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    8:29 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    I can tell you about 2 high level I/L ( RawfodogRawfodog and YozichYozich ) One made an HS mule, the other one quit leveling because he found the class not too useful outside of training.

On the other hand, you'll just be another basic Bishop if you choose Cleric.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    9:29 PM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    I/L is easiest at 2nd job, from 30-70. F/P is easiest from 80-120, provided you have the money to burn while you mist skeles. You will probably go from 80 to 120 in a week or two if you grind hard. Priests are fast until around level 90 or so, then it gets much slower and you'll have to rely on leeching off attackers. Of course, this is disregarding buying leech at skeles.

15. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:29 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    What do you mean until 90? You are forgetting himes PogChamp

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    The ultimate question for me atleast is - who is better in the long run in terms of damage, F/P, Bishop or I/L? Because Shower and Blizzard have nearly the same damage, and are both identical AoE skills.

I understand that having no HS by itself alone is a big disadvantage, but I dunno, maybe not so much? All three mage types would get a devastating AoE skill at 4th anyways. The question is are Arch mages stronger than bishop? With elemental weapon + spell booster and other stuff like amplification skill that increases magic att . . . I thought they are indeed stronger. Because if they are, then thats what I'll want to be. But again, there comes the need to hunt at elemental-weak mobs, so...

Yeah, I'm still indecisive here.

17. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    9:29 AM
    Arch mages will almost always do more damage than bishops. As they don't have an effective bossing skill like arch mages.

18. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    9:29 PM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Arch mages do more damage than Bishops, elemental weak mobs or not. Cozy was probably the first person to one hit skeles and she started doing it at 16x.

As for the lack of HS, yes it will be an issue when it comes to duoing with attackers. Most arch mages will make a HS mule for that purpose.

19. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I think all fingers are pointing at I/L for me then. Easy level up at lower levels, good damage, mobility, and stronger than bishops. No HS -insert sad face here- but I can imagine living without that, not the end of the world anyway.

20. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    Legends is very hostile towards new players, especially those who choose a class where you cant find anything on FM. Yeah, some kind of mage would probably be the easiest..