1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Client not opening

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by cupid, Oct 7, 2017.

1. cupid

cupid Red Snail

Mar 12, 2017
    8:22 PM
    So I just downloaded Legends and when I press open, no window pops up but it still shows up as my dock and the only way to quit is by force quitting. Idk do you usually have to wait like this for it to open?

edit: Oh shit I just read "The first time launching should take a bit of time to verify and execute" lmao. my bad.

2. OP
    OP
    cupid

cupid Red Snail

Mar 12, 2017
    Lol wait hold up does it usually take over an hour for it to launch tho :^/

3. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    Lag is super awful rn because Legends is having some issues with their host. Not like they're fighting just that the host is being a little unreliable. Moreover though there was a patch yesterday that may have complicated things a bit. Really bad time to have your first impression of the server made. I promise it's usually really good!

4. OP
    OP
    cupid

cupid Red Snail

Mar 12, 2017
    Oh, I have played but I just got a new laptop and I've never really handled Macs before so I was confused.

I've had Legends "open" since 4pm and it's 6pm now and nothing's happened. I was wondering if there was something wrong on my part maybe it's the server?

Idk launching the actual program shouldn't take this long because of the host though. (Says no available windows when I press show all windows)

5. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    11:22 PM
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    Is your Mac OS on High Sierra? Because there's a bit of compatibility issues regarding that. If it is, check out one of the other threads in the support forum for a hot-fix.

6. OP
    OP
    cupid

cupid Red Snail

Mar 12, 2017
    LOL wow that fixed it I'm an idiot I didn't even think that would be an issue thank you so much!

7. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Did it complete the verify process?

8. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    For me I had to wait for the the verification process to complete itself, then quit the app (using force quit). Only then could I right click MapleLegends and change the Wine settings manually.