1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Coke Town!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shrek, Apr 7, 2015.

Should we have Coke town, and other areas?

1. Yes! It will add variety!

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. No! I hate variety.

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    2:24 AM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Lmao I joined Royals in October 2013, so yes I've been around for a lot of it. I know you played pre-wipe and you love to remind people about that, but I've been apart of the Royals community for a decently long time. You just get on the forums every now and then to make some random comment about the "good ol' days of Royals."

I never told people what nostalgia means to them, just that I don't think it's a good excuse. It's not only because I've "killed more monsters." Do you really think a level 10 has the best judgment on whether ToT should be added (not that it is)? Because I really don't think so, and that's the point I'm making.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Alot of people are voting "No",
    But not because "they hate variety".
    If you're going to make a poll, make it fair.

• Like Like x 5
  3. OP
    OP
    Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    I find it kind of frustrating how people are so dedicated to STRICTLY v.62.
    Why can't nostalgia share other things?

• Like Like x 1
  4. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    11:24 PM
    NSFW
    This isn't the thread to piss about who's played Royals the longest. Leave your home-server drama at your home-server.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    We already have v.83 NX and we're getting ToT and Magatia. I don't know what you're complaining about.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    He's not complaining, he's just stating a truth. Many people here are against anything beyond v62 and deem it not nostalgic.

7. Goofy

Goofy Mushmom

Jan 13, 2015
    SoCal
    As far as I'm concerned, anything up until the big bang patch is welcomed content. I have no idea what Coke Town is, though.

XatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleXatGiggleOnionDead

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sandy

Sandy Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Female
    For temporary/annual event purposes yes this is an awesome idea

• Like Like x 1
  9. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    I like variety, but I don't think Coke Town should be added.. so... fuck me, right?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Puck

Puck King Slime

Mar 30, 2015
    8:24 AM
    These poll options are incredibly stupid. No, I don't want to have Coke Town in the game; but not because I don't want variety. Coke Town holds no sense of nostalgia at all for me. As far as I know it was a temporary event available only i KMS, way back in time. Why would you want that, out of all things in a nostalgic experience such as MapleLegends?

Anyway, we as a community haven't even unlocked a third of what the game has to offer yet. And you already want more? I know Magatia is coming too. And maybe Ulu City, seeing as the portal to it is there. Jesus, how much more can you ask for?

• Like Like x 6
  11. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    2:24 PM
    Coke Town wasn't available on all versions of MS, just like how China (and Taiwan?) maps weren't on GMS (MSEA only and maybe some others). So that draws it closer to "custom content" that Kim doesn't like. I, too, am not convinced that they shoukd be added at the moment.

Puck has a point too. We aren't like an old server that hasn't had any updated in a long time. There are still many more updates to come.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    1:24 AM
    Don't see where I ever made any mention of anything of the sort, so I'm not sure why you feel the need for personal insults, but my apologies if anything I said offended you. I was merely trying to point out that I disagree with the idea that some arbitrary set of parameters set by you can determine the validity of someone's opinion. Again, I am sorry if that came off as hostile.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goofy

Goofy Mushmom

Jan 13, 2015
    SoCal
    Lol, harmless suggestion for the addition of cool-looking maps turns into cockswinging argument.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hey bud, go through this whole thread and find me some text of what you're speaking of,
    stay on topic,
    and please fix your failpoll.
    Also, sorry for being a dick like this. It doesn't happen often. But I simply must post this.

15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Alright, everyone shared their opinion.

This thread is now closed since same people that posted before are arguing now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    @Shrek@Shrek

Not gonna say this will ever be used, but decided put it in our data anyways, just in case

[​IMG]

This topic stays closed, but at least you got some news :)

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.