1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Crash on PrintScreen

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by twiz, Jan 14, 2020.

1. twiz

twiz Mano

Nov 28, 2018
    9:51 AM
    Elusion
    Chief Bandit
    --
    Ever since the update with the new screenshot feature, pressing PrintScreen has crashed the active client. I did not have any problems with screenshots, before or after the Wide Screen client, prior to this.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the most recent full client.
    I have tried manually setting D3D9 = true and D3D9 = false in the ini file.
    I have tried updating my graphics driver.

I am running Windows 8.1
    CPU is an Intel
    GPU is an nVidia GeForce

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:51 PM
    Moderator Post
    It's a bug with Windows 7 and 8.

3. Scylla

Scylla Orange Mushroom

Oct 10, 2019
    Female
    Scylla
    Night Lord
    Lotus
    I have the same issue and I'm also using windows 8.1.

Is it possible to let us move the screenshot button until this is fixed so we can use the printscreen button for saving pictures via paint again?

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No, it's not, because it's hardcoded.

You can use any kind of third party software (such as ShareX) in meantime, but moving the button is not. However, we are looking into the bug. Why are you still on Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10? I understand Windows 7 but 8.1?

5. Scylla

Scylla Orange Mushroom

Oct 10, 2019
    Female
    Scylla
    Night Lord
    Lotus
    Uhhhhh, I dunno. I always liked Windows 8.1 and I hate many things about Windows 10 which is why I don't want to use it. Eventho I probably have to use it in the near future..
    Edit: Why would I use Windows 7 over Windows 8.1 tho? You made me curious now lol

I'll look into this ShareX, looking forward to a fix for this bug tho :)

6. OP
    OP
    twiz

twiz Mano

Nov 28, 2018
    9:51 AM
    Elusion
    Chief Bandit
    --
    Whats the problem with Windows 8/8.1?
    Windows 8/8.1 got a bad rep from people crying about the Start Menu being replaced with the Start Screen, which is why it was brought back in Windows 10.
    Windows 10 isn't all that much different than 8/8.1, but it's got a lot of background services that can make an impact on a system without a lot of resources.

I use ShareX myself, but the 'problem' is, MapleStory will still crash when you press PrintScreen. So you have to use a different key (Not just Alt+PrintScreen, an entirely different key other than PrintScreen), or you still have the same issue.

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Fixed next patch.