1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Crash to Desktop when entering towns

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Hieronymus, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Hieronymus

Hieronymus Red Snail

Oct 23, 2017
    Male
    10:41 AM
    Hieroglyph
    Magician
    Hello,

Currently, when I enter a town (Kerning City, Amherst, FM Entrance confirmed) the game immediately crashes to desktop. This also happens when logging in on a character in a town. The error code is (Unknown error: 0x80030002). The game runs fine outside of towns, but all my characters are now trapped in towns, unable to be logged in on. I verified this today by creating a new character; the game was perfectly stable until i entered Amherst.

I initially thought this issue was due to me not having the latest version. However, it seems that my version (2017 October 6, Rev. 4) is the latest. I tried re-patching to this version, but no luck there. I tried some different compability settings, but nothing changed.

One exception that might give a clue: when i tried using a return to Henesys scroll, the game didn't crash. Instead, the NPC:s of Henesys were in weird positions, and about half of them were missing.

Have any of you had a similar experience, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance!
    Hiero

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If you crash in kerning/amherst you are not on rev4 or you didn't patch correctly. Eitherway, patch or re-install the game should solve it.

3. OP
    OP
    Hieronymus

Hieronymus Red Snail

Oct 23, 2017
    Male
    Hieroglyph
    Magician
    I uninstalled the client and removed the MapleLegends folder. Then, I reinstalled from scratch. The game works now.
    The original cause of error was probably the latest patch not being applied entirely, and being quiet about it.

Thanks Kimberly! :D

4. Kratos55155

Kratos55155 Mano

Mar 28, 2018
    Male
    4:41 AM
    kaisertsuky
    Beginner
    latinheros
    esad.jpg i have this error how i can fix it :C