1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

CWKPQ Boss stage change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Raso, Jul 25, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Raso

Raso Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    4:33 AM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    EDIT: Reworded some stuff and added additional arguments to make it clearer. Before this the post was a bit... badly worded which mightve given people the wrong impression.

Hola, another scuffed suggestion which I think might have some merit to it...

Ok, so for (almost) everyone that runs CWKPQ, the bossstage is a long, long boring snoozefest right? It takes forever cuz the bosses are tanky af. To what purpose? Wasting time I guess. Now what do I propose?

Lower the HP of all CWKPQ bosses, lower the timer for this stage and lower the exp of these bosses proportionally. On top of that, lower the rewards from bonus stage as appropriate (or keep it the same) and (re)move some of the archer room mobs.

If all the above are for example halved (or whatever % would be appropriate), the stage itself would not be different in terms of exp/hour. The requirements in terms of squad composition and strength would remain the same, not leading to further increasing sweat factor. Furthermore the "challenging" aspect of CWKPQ would remain intact. It would also become less of a highly timeconsuming thing, thus easier to fit into daily life on an adult.

The main engagement in CWK comes from the pre-boss stages and honestly, the pirate pinning. The boss stage itself has relatively speaking no engagement other than for the pirate pinner. So, to further illustrate the issue I will list some comparisons.

-CWK is engagement-wise most similar to krex, maybe zakum.
    -Duration-wise it is most similar to HT, Auf, PB.
    -Profit-wise it blows all the other content (except PB and the lucky HT) out of the water

So what is the issue really? CWK is too long for its dull battle and has a too high profit when you compare it to other content. It is basically the NL amongst the heroes. My suggestion is not to straight up nerf it, but to rebalance and tweak it so its more in line with the rest of the game. In fact, the lower duration would overall lead to more profits for most people, as it frees up time to do more content.

So why not just reduce the signs? Because this would effectively double the number of runs for a number of people, making it twice as profitable as it already is. It would still remain unbalanced and as the comparisons show, out of line with other content. It would make it more accessible for people with (almost) no signs, yes, but that would be the only good thing about it really.

But what about the market???

The market wont significantly change from this. The scrolls from CWK are already farmable outside, and even easier to obtain that way. Generally the market adapts to the content, it should not be the other way round. The typical CWK bonus items (BFC, Specs, cheese, gelts and now also coins) can all remain the same. These are, with the exception of coins, not farmable outside CWK and thus should remain unchanged or perhaps even slightly buffed.

The pros:

-Less time lost to holding 1 button for the exact same result
    -Due to the former, more time to do more/other content and
    -Easier for people with shorter timewindows to join CWKPQ
    -More balanced to be in line with other content

The cons:
    -The lower exp gain per run (tho BT could choose so leave that intact)
    -Less badges from cleave side due to indirectly reduced spawns (perhaps buff droprate outside cwk to compensate)
    -Can lead to more runs in a day, which might make the bonus stage being disproportionally good
    -Needs lower rewards because they are in fact, disproportionally good.

I am well aware that for some classes CWK is more engaging than for others. But unless you really, really need to keep your eyes glued to your HP bar, or you have to pin the pirate, theres little to no attention required during the entire thing. As this isnt a suggestion that purely applies to the endgame sweaty 3-4mans, but also the larger lower level groups and the casuals, I do not consider the multiclienting as part of the engagement.

What do you guys think? Bad idea? Good idea but needs tweaks?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.