1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 D/C and icon disappearing

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by ll_JoJo_ll, Dec 23, 2017.

1. ll_JoJo_ll

ll_JoJo_ll Red Snail

Dec 16, 2017
    Male
    10:28 AM
    ll_JoJo_ll
    Hi
    Please help,
    I keep disconecting several times when playing and maplegends.exe always disappear after this, without any warning. I reistalled maplelegends many times, already disabled windows defender and I don't have antivirus here.

I heard this could be a problem with UAC Windows 10 (found the same problem in league legends forum), so I turned off but the problem still continues. I don't know what to do... this issue started after december patch.
    =/

12312321.png

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    3:28 PM
    Moderator Post
    It is your anti virus and you probably don't make an exception correctly.

Also, open client_backup which is where the clients are, saves you the need to re-install over and over.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    ll_JoJo_ll

ll_JoJo_ll Red Snail

Dec 16, 2017
    Male
    ll_JoJo_ll
    I never use antivirus on my pc to avoid these things, the only software I have is windows defender... but I turned off
    and also did the same with my firewall
    Tahnks for the backup tip

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    Moderator Post
    Its defender which turns itself back on each restart...

A client doesnt automatically delete itself.

5. Zombiella

Zombiella Blue Snail

Dec 26, 2017
    Female
    7:28 AM
    Elora
    Beginner
    I'm having the same issue. When I re-install, the icons are only on my desktop for a little while then they are just gone---as if they just self-destructed, lol.
    I went to the folder where the game was installed and there's no .exe except the setup and uninstall. I found 2 of them in the client_backup folder, but if I click on them and hit "extract", the resulting folder is always empty and if I hit "run", nothing happens...
    It's also worth mentioning that I just installed this game yesterday and played with no issues. It wasn't until sometime today that the icons deleted themselves...

I have to reinstall again because I can't add the program file path to the list of exceptions in windows firewall since it doesn't exist. I'm hoping after another install, I have enough time to add it and that it also solves the issue. I'll update once I finish the install.

UPDATE: Reinstalling puts the icons on the desktop but they are broken. If I click on them, windows can't find the location of the files. So, I've just manually disabled my firewall and I'm trying to reinstall again. It's so weird, I had no issues yesterday...

UPDATE: Same issue. The game installs but the resulting icons on the desktop do nothing and there's no maplelegends.exe in the installation path.

So, if I browse the installation path of the game for a list of .exes I can add to the exceptions list WHILE the game is reinstalling, I see maplelegends.exe and the windowed one, but I can't add them to the list anyway--even as broken/incomplete file paths--because I get an error preventing me from doing so and saying they contain a virus or unwanted software.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    Moderator Post
    Once again, if your client disappear your anti virus is eating it. There's nothing more and less to it.

Our clients just can't self destruct, and even I need use a different anti virus because defender keep eat my development clients, which is extremely annoying.

7. Zombiella

Zombiella Blue Snail

Dec 26, 2017
    Female
    Elora
    Beginner
    I don't have an anti-virus, and I've completely disabled Windows' built-ins. I didn't have any problem yesterday so I have no idea what's different. My computer hasn't been restarted either. There's no chance for me to add the program to the list of exceptions because it doesn't exist, even after a fresh install. I've hit a dead end... Any ideas?

EDIT: I don't think it's deleting itself, because I've never heard of that before, lol. However, I don't know what else to call it, because I've also never had a problem like this before---even with games that have butt heads with any of Windows' Security programs.

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
  9. Zombiella

Zombiella Blue Snail

Dec 26, 2017
    Female
    Elora
    Beginner
    It won't even let me download it. I don't really know what's stopping it. I've completely turned off Windows Defender Firewall, but lemme poke around and try to see if there's anything else I can do.

EDIT: AHA! (hopefully) Looks like Windows' Real-time protection turned itself back on. >:/ Lemme try again!

10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    Moderator Post
    I said that as first second reply :(

11. Zombiella

Zombiella Blue Snail

Dec 26, 2017
    Female
    Elora
    Beginner
    Yea, I had turned it off and I had the firewall up on my screen, and it was still off, so I don't know how/why it got turned back on, but that worked. @__@ I still dunno why it wasn't an issue until yesterday but at least it's fixed. God, I hate windows... Anyway, thanks!

12. OP
    OP
    ll_JoJo_ll

ll_JoJo_ll Red Snail

Dec 16, 2017
    Male
    ll_JoJo_ll
    You can create exceptions in windows defender setup...
    I reinstalled in other folder, disabled some options in windows defender and make exceptions for maplelegends aplications/folder.
    After this, my maple was fixed too