1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Darwin's Oddball Journey

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by theKatia, Nov 30, 2021.

Which path should I pick?

1. Fighter

33.3%
  2. Page

60.0%
  3. Spearman

6.7%
  1. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    2:57 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Hello all! Recently I've decided to join oddjobs and I'm trying out the Dagger Warrior prestige class.

The Rules:
    • Only attack with daggers, no other weapons
    • No leech!!
    • Quests are good. We like quests.
    A confused fighter, previously devoted to axes, now reborn, once again ready to become a warrior. This time, he has a different specialty in mind.
    The goal: To be fit for survival, despite being an oddball.

WE START Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 20.46.27.png Training camp's kinda silly. It's like a tutorial inside a tutorial lol. I personally knew the non-camp beginning of maple island better when I played GMS, but this is just as nostalgic.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 20.52.46.png
    I love how they did this map. Where am I? It goes way further right than I thought. And the minimap does not follow XD Thought it was kind of a cool shot.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 21.10.25.png
    *deep breath* finally, my first dagger! Thanks Mai MapleF15
    Total of kills made without a dagger:
    - 1 camp bunny
    - 1 camp leatty
    - 10 snails
    And that list shall never grow...

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 21.38.11.png
    Upgrading to Fruit Knife! (I have one of those at home) Thanks Biggs.
    Pog 'Faster' speed for more attacks per second. I MAY be using this until lv 30, unless I get something from drops on the way. Don't feel like there's a lot of chances of that though.

aaaand here we are!
    Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 21.43.22.png
    I love the added perk of extra inventory slots. A tribute to the popular idea in rpg's that strong characters have more carrying capacity.
    Make all your mules warriors people. Free inventory increases all around!!

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 21.46.38.png
    I can toss this. We won't need this... (yes the ss makes it look like it's sticking out of his head MapleF4).

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 21.53.11.png
    I spoke to Dances and asked him what kinds of weapons warriors use. What a bro, this guy :heart:. He never once rules out daggers. My man backs me up!

We end here...
    Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 23.15.42.png
    With "increasing max HP" max'ed, and finally an attack skill! Yes folks, Power Strike works with a dagger equipped. Dances with Balrog approves!

• Like Like x 10
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  2. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    11:57 PM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    Ah, but he rules out “small canes”… I can’t believe Dances With Balrog would disrespect wand warriors like this ;~;

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Hype! I'm gonna follow this for sure!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:57 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Disqualified for using the axe at lvl 1 OnionF3

• Like Like x 1
  5. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    6:57 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Actual katia content Pog

Great choice in hair!

6. OP
    OP
    theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    It's just ignorance... he doesn't even know what those small canes are! All he's trying to convey is that magic won't work for us warrios. Which, it doesn't.
    (unless you consider all those mp using skills we have? are those magic? HMMM idk anymore)

:heartbeat:

MapleF4 I had no choiiiiceee
    also fun fact the lv 1 axe is 17 watt while the two other starting weapons are 15 watt. I chose the lesser of 3 evils...

Yeeep! But sadly it isn't here to stay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So part 2 rolls around. I say part because this definitely wasn't 1 session lol. Starting at lv 15 things don't go so fast anymore, particularly as I was focusing on getting as many quests done at the same time as possible, rather than efficiency in grind and xp.

Let's start with a "first":
    Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 20.05.13.png
    First gacha!!!
    Here's what came of it:
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 12.19.59.png
    Which according to owlrepo can net me almost as much as 1.8m. Not bad for a noob.
    Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 20.13.29.png
    This guy lost his daughter days ago and he's just standing around Henesys with a big stupid smile. smh. And to top it off, his first concern was some mushroom research before he remembers that he wants me to find his girl too. He does not deserve to be a dad.

First haircut!
    Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 20.15.13.png
    I approve! Also fun fact, having the orange bowl cut off the bat actually prevented it from becoming a possible outcome of this quest! OnionMuha

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.42.49.png
    Aaaaand warrior accuracy kicks in. Or, the lack thereof.
    I was wondering what % chance I have of hitting these:
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.43.16.png
    Oh lord, it's 14.1%...
    I went back to those at a higher level and once I had started investing more AP in dex. Kind of unavoidable to add dex anyway, as my lv 30 weapon req. 60 dex Onion...
    A few of the hand-me-down gears put me at +4 dex, but it barely scrapes by. I guess I'll be sacrificing some damage for dex (and therefore hopefully more accuracy) in the meantime. I have some str hand me downs coming up in the next few levels anyway. Not sure how much I want to invest in scrolls/scrolled items just yet. I'll start keeping an eye out for those and see what I can collect for future levels.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 11.00.31.png
    Aaaaand here are the chores. Helping with cleaning the Nautilus. Helping with finding a missing daughter. Helping Blackbull build his house. Darwin is your man for chores. And he's up to the challege of hitting waves...
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 11.06.40.png
    and waves...
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 11.05.01.png
    and waves of axe stumps.
    But he finally succeeds!
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 11.19.43.png
    I was hoping for the better, lv 25 shield but oh well. An upgrade of 10 w.def! yay..?
    Shields are important to the dagger warrior. We will never use a 2-handed weapon, so we might as well invest a bit in our shields.

I actually had a few more screenshots to add, but it seems like (and wisely so) there is a 10 attachments limit. So no stats ss this time, but I can already say that coming up next is going to be my kpq saga~
    Happy Mapling everyone!

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Have I already mentioned that KPQ levels are slower than I remember? I keep thinking of those levels as easy and fast. Though they are relatively fast, that doesn't mean that they absolutely speed by like nothing. Even once I get a solid party to do consecutive pq's with, I'll only get about 2.5 levels in two hours. But, KPQ is actually something I enjoy, because it's cooperative, and you get to know some people, people that might be levelling along with you for a while.

Before the PQ runs started, I revived this cute thing (passed down from my main, which has loads of event pets by now).
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 16.35.50.png
    Meet this Chonk MapleF2
    This cutie is going to be following me around for a while.

HUGE shoutout to Pepesaur who came to my rescue with the warrior accuracy problem, and sent me over some gifts :heartbeat: I totally appreciate it!
    Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 17.12.24.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 17.13.08.png
    Can't wait to be be able to wield this one.

As for KPQ, I think we all know what it's like.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 18.36.01.png
    You whack ligators over and over, Screen_Shot_2021-12-07_at_16.43.28.png
    solve a code by standing on various platforms (lol Chonk's face here),
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 17.58.35.png
    and eventually you get rewarded. (whopping total of 4 of these bad boys, and apparently they had inflated to be almost 3m apiece these days). :greedy: STONKS
    In general, I had insane luck with not just the rewards but also the rolls.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 19.05.37.png
    In no time I completed the Slime King set! Which feels ironic to me, as it's my second set completed on this character, meanwhile it's one of the last that I will be getting on my main. Take them while you can get them!
    I also got a total of 3 shoes, 2 from the boss and another from Cloto, but in the end I realised the boots I have left over from the first incarnation of Darwin were better than all of these. (a 2/2 on str/dex would have surpassed them, but oh well, it didn't pan out)

And let's not forget, that the friends we make are a part of the reward.
    Hopefully I'll get to see some of them in LPQ soon~
    Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 19.23.19.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 14.56.41.png
    And here we are! Finally a better weapon ^.^
    And a bigger boost to dex than I had foreseen, since I decided to buy a nicer shirt for my overseas travel. (still wearing shorts below that haha which btw ended up failing 3 def scrolls I tossed at it- but nobody can see them behind that huge dagger so it's ok)

Oh right. And I will be finally choosing a job path. I've more or less settled on one. Let's see if anyone can guess ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    P A G E

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:57 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I've no clue what warrior skills work with daggers soo.. fighter?

Keep it going, this is great^^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    7:57 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    The Combo Class?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    7:57 AM
    Magician
    pages? bc u can still use charges if u switch to a sword/bw :p or a dk for hyper body

12. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    6:57 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Page is my assumption, love the content