1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable barrel or enable DS in CWKPQ pillar stage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Raso, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    1:58 AM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    As title states. Currently buccaneers can barrel through the pillars with no issue, they simply don't get hit. Thieves cannot use their dark sight in this stage, which is...a pretty similar skill no? It seems odd and slightly unfair that one gets to dodge those pesky pillars with no effort, and the others (theoretically thieves should be able to do the same) cant. So I suggest either disabling barrel in CWK pillar stage to make every class suffer somewhat equally, or give thieves their beloved DS functionality back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    7:58 PM
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but..

Buccs have one of the worst time jumping at the stage with flames and stirge platforms. Unlike other classes, they have no stance or evade and cant use barrel there.

3. OP
    OP
    Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    I dont disagree, but thats not the stage this suggestion is made for :) Most classes have some form of trouble at these stages, but theyre still all getting hit by everything, except buccs.

4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Should dark sight then also get the same movement speed as barrel?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    In my opinion, no. Haste works as intended in the stage (and is pretty much required for some classes). Maxed dark sight works together with haste, raising its speed to match that of haste. Disabling this matching would still be awkward and make no sense as it works in literally any other map. Barrel is NOT the same as dark sight, but in terms of damage immunity, it is.

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:58 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sounds like player skill issue. Stance and avoid is actually annoying in that stage since it's unpredictable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    In the same stage smoke and avoid can be used to get past the pillars aswell.

IMO they should always hit like many other JQ hazards do.

8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Barrel yields an extra... 2 seconds and a potion over just face tanking through? If we really want to go "eye for an eye" on the cooperative pq though, then remove dark sight, barrel and all mobility outright. Assaulter, corkscrew, flash jump, recoil, wings, teleport, haste, dash.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    now THAT sounds like player skill issue. evading 10% is a lot worse than evading 90%

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Ironically, evading 10% is the same as evading 90% of the time, depending on what you're anticipating. It's much easier to anticipate the touch damage and use the iframes rather than anticipating for a miss and then getting knocked back unexpectedly.

11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:58 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    only if it's shadower's DS, NL's continues

12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:58 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm not getting why equality and fairness is needed for JQ stage of cwkpq which isn't competition but just cooperate teamgame.
    OK, so because buccs can avoid pillars with barrel so this is unfair to use 1 red pot for other classes, spending 50 mesos more.

It's unfair that mages have teleports so they can 'leap that gap' and reach their goal faster than others.
    It's unfair that NLs have FJ so also can leap that gap easier and reach their goal faster.
    It's unfair that Shads with skilled can jumpassult to skip end stage of JQ, reach to portal faster.
    It's unfair that Sairs have recoil shot and wings same logic with NLs.
    It's unfair that archers have speed passive so they don't need hard investment on mobility to jump that gap than other classes, when there's no haste.
    It's unfair that only thief classes have haste when others need to use something, to jump that gap.
    and so many things furthermore.

or I'm just a weirdo who can't understand why this asking for fairness/equality is needed.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    I see what you mean

14. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male