1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Duration for name expiry for @changename?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Kyshies, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    4:51 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    How long (roughly), does it take for a character name to 'expire', assuming account inactivity, and thus be eligible for use under the @namechange system?

Thanks!

2. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Around 6 months of not logging into the character, I believe.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    5:51 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Where is this info from? I would think it takes much longer if there is even such system implemented at all.
    LF> staff input

4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    10:51 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I asked staff previously and was told this is private information

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I believe that I was able to buy the name of a mule I made over 6 months ago, but I never acted like that information was certain.

6. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    10:51 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I know I've seen the parameters for changename listed somewhere in maintenance notes or some type of notice. Can't seem to find it again though.

7. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    You may have misunderstood the question, OP was asking about changing to a name that someone else currently has on an inactive character, which would in turn delete said character or force them to change to a new name. (I don't think a system that would allow you to do that exists(?))
    I assume you deleted your mule before changing to it's name, or asked to swap the names between your characters?
    You can change to a deleted character's name pretty much instantly after deletion afaik, since deletion is irreversible. As for swapping names between your own character I'm not sure what's the policy.

8. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    No I understood correctly, the mule still exists but I seemed able to "steal" its name.

9. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    What happened to the mule then? If it's name was changed to your other character's old name, then that's just swapping between the 2, and may have only been allowed because they were both your characters.

10. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I don't get how you still do not understand this, so I'll be very specific. Lets say my situation was like this:
    Mule: mule123
    Char: ign123

While on "ign123" I noticed that I was able to @changename my name to "mule123" for 50k donor cash. Checking when "mule123" last leveled (and was logged into) was about 6,5 or 7 months before that day. Obviously I did not spend 50k donor cash to find out what would happen to the poor mule123's IGN

11. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    So both accounts were yours? That probably does factor in as well.

12. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    What I misunderstood was that I thought you changed your name, I did not get that you just checked for it.
    I just meant to try to figure out what happened so that we can understand more about the question, I'm sorry that came off as doubting/interrogating.

• Friendly Friendly x 1