1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Element Compositon + Elemental Wands

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Lionheart, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:28 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    Elemental wands 1 and 2 do not boost the damage of element composition (fire/poison) whatsoever.

What is supposed to happen?:
    There is supposed to be approximately a 17.5% damage increase.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    Everywhere.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

I ran an experiment, recording the max damage I saw over about a 10 minute interval.

Note: an obscene number of snails and slimes were harmed in this experiment.

Other information: My f/p mage's skill element amplification is maxed (+35% damage).

---

Kebob: 646 int, 801 magic
    fire arrow: 8,272
    composition: 10,376

When maxed, element composition has 150 base power, while fire arrow has 120. 150/120 = 1.25. Looking at these damages recorded, 10376/8272 = 1.2544. Considering the nature of RNG and negligible amounts of magic defense, it still seems about right.

---

Elemental wand 1 (fire): 652 int, 811 magic
    fire arrow: 10,547
    composition: 10,556

Firstly, comparing the damage with the kebob to ele wand 1, we get about a 27.5% damage increase. Again, due to RNG factors and additional int/magic, it isn't strange the damage increases slightly more than 25%. Also, this thoroughly refutes the claim that the damage bonus from elemental wands stacks additively with element amplification. Clearly, they stack multiplicatively.

With that out of the way, I should point out that the above damages are about the same. Remember that fire arrow's 120 base damage is essentially being increased by 25% from the elemental wand. This effectively gives it a power of 150. Oddly enough, this is around the damage element composition does, which also has 150 base power. And its damage hasn't increased much over the kebob in the previous experiment. Obviously, the elemental wand did not grant element composition a damage bonus.

---

Elemental wand 2 (poison): 651 int, 810 magic
    fire arrow: 9,273
    compositon: 10,532

The fire arrow damage increased a little over 10% compared to the kebob. This also is in line with the known behavior of elemental wand: to give the wand's main element a 25% boost and the secondary element a 10% boost. Once again, however, element composition damage did not increased how it was supposed to.

2. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    9:28 AM
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    This is no bug.

As far as I remember, elemental composition is (oddly) not affected by elemental damage boosts

3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It is a bug, since element composition is 50% fire and 50% poison. Both these elements fall under the types of damages that are supposed to be increased by elemental wand.

Maybe it worked that way in GMS? Who knows? I really don't care what Neckson did and what they were too lazy/incompetent to fix. But I do know it makes no sense to leave the skill this way and also makes it a waste of skill points.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    Oh i'm not here to debate the fact if it's a bug or not or that Neckson fucked it over :p

I just recall, in GMS, it didn't work because:

- The skill is based upon 50% of both elements
    - Therefor, no actual element is applied to the skill
    - Which means that there is no element to be boostd :/
    - And that the skill is useless as fuck.

I remember playing I/L mage and using it to freeze GSV's before finishing them off with thunder.

5. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I put 22 points in Composition only to realise how bad and useless it is. Now all my NX goes to sp resets so I can get rid of it again Onion...

6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Maybe wait for information whether this is gonna get fixed or not before using your nx...

7. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    3:28 AM
    Moderator Post
    Unfortunately unable to change how this works.

8. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I don't mind too much :D Thunder spear is cooler anyways MapleF11

9. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You could increase the base power of these skills to actually give people some reason to use them. Right now it only really seems useful for hitting mobs that are resistant to fire, but I'm still disappointed the ele wand will not increase its damage. I pretty much got a poison elemental wand for nothing then.