1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

.wz related bug / OCD Ellin Forest NPCs have something in their eyes

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Annolis, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    8:35 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    This might seem stupid, but WOW do those NPCs in Ellin Forest blink their eyes at a rate that should rub their eyes right out of existence.

NPC Yuris: Her eyes don't move on screen, but when you chat with the NPC her blinking rate is tremendous.

NPC Athena Pierce: Same thing as Yuris.

NPC Tess: Dear God, man, that NPC blinks three times a second - whether you're talking to him in NPC chat or as he is on screen. If his eyelashes grew out enough he could fly.

I haven't checked the others outside of town.

But I did find this funny, given the situation...
    Maple0004.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:35 PM
    Moderator Post
    This is because we do not have the 'text balloons' enabled for NPC's, which normally give them a talk property and some other animations. I can look into it at some point in my spare time if I can replace the blinking with a different animation. I did a similar thing with some NPC's in our upcoming region.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    8:35 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The difference with NPC Sion is that in her NPC chat box, she looks like she's talking quickly. I think that animation serves well.

4. atomfire

atomfire Orange Mushroom

Mar 7, 2018
    Male
    12:35 AM
    atomfire
    Hermit
    ThotzRUs
    HAHA this is hilarious staff should just leave it be