1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Event - Lower lv. range for 180+

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Lynx, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    1:22 PM
    Beginner
    I think the idea of the +- 20 lvl range is great and incentivizes party play without encouraging unhealthy muling and so on.
    However I feel like for characters 180+ it can be quite difficult (and I'm talking from personal experience ) to find players within their range (160-200).
    I think slightly opening up the lvl range to 145-150 would be welcome.
    Basically allow 145 ~ 150 players to share with any levels up to 200.

Let me know what you think or if there are any issues with this.
    **This is feedback for current event as well as future events with the similar mechanic**

Bumping this suggestion for current (summer) event - for Boss Rush lvl limitations

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:22 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Even though it wouldn't hurt anyone if they did this, at the same time do these lvls already have a rather easy time getting points in the current system.

Am not against this change though

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    10:22 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Level 17x here soloing all 300 (250+50) grind points cause there's no fellow maplers around who can share

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    bossing and everything besides mobbing aside (I'm only referring to the mob points system), there is not that big of a difference for farming capabilities being 180+

5. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    No I fully agree, but that's why I'm talking about the current system as that includes stuff like bossing which is a huge part to easily get to 500 cap

6. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    11:22 AM
    It's slightly interesting how every class below 180 has a choice of grinding with someone either +/- 20 levels of them for party points whereas my level 200 main only has the choice of grinding with people -20 levels (there is no + 20 above 200).

At level 200 I don't have things any easier than a level 17x as I'd be doing the same bosses, same stuff, etc. Yet for some particular reason the people I can party with for party points are more restricted than the lower levels.

Just food for thought.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Yep agreed.
    Hence I think 145 ~ 150 and above should just be able to share with any higher lvls

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    7:22 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I think in most cases (esp 4th job) it would be more beneficial to have a system based on job vs level up.

beginner <-> beginner
    1st job <-> 1st job
    2nd job <-> 2nd job
    3rd job <-> 3rd job
    4th job <-> 4th job

A lot of the content after 4th job is shared amongst level ranges far wider and than 20 levels. Additionally the upper end of 3rd job can have you pting with a level disparity beyond 20.

Gaining party points imo should be more so about being able to party with your friends, rather than having to look for some random person because your friend might be more than 20 levels ahead or behind you. Sure it’s possible that you could meet someone new by doing this, but in my experience it’s just been no talking other than checking on how many pts they have left. SlimeXD

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Creative Creative x 4
  9. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I have met a few people in a prior event from partying to get points and we talked a lot but we did not "stay friends". Once the points were done it was okay thanks bye. But I do partially agree with nightz here that high level has the luxury of boss points that low levels do not. You can get 250 boss points in like 3 or 4 bosses. You can also hpq for 15 points a day, pbpq for 10 points a day, both of which only take a few minutes to complete. We don't talk about the jq in the end doing these, plus if you're on for puff daddy spawns 15 each. I didn't start grinding for points until the end of the week for whatever was left in my weekly points, and it didn't take me that long to fill it out.

I do understand that if grinding is "your thing" that it would be nice to grind with other people. I don't know if they will or can change it at this point. You might be better just finding someone to schedule a grind session with on a weekly basis. My husband is lv 165 and does it with me on Fridays if you are in range you can join us. I'm lower so I just leech on him lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Again - I want to point out that everything besides MOBBING is not relevant for this discussion.
    I did not say that capping 500 weekly during the current event is any harder for these levels, bossing is extremely easy, and the rest can be met via other methods as well.
    Also, this is feedback NOT ONLY on this event, but any future events that will have the mob points mechanic (as I'm sure we'll see it again since we have seen it in the past many times)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I don't think you can say that any discussion besides mobbing is irrelevant for this discussion as it goes hand in hand in the same point system. A point system similar to this one we are seeing now will most likely make its return to future events so it should be looked at in its entirety to balance it around all level ranges.

I do think that ChrisChris his idea on the party point farming (50/500) is one that works out best and is probably something we should push for with the upcoming feedback thread after the event.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Of course it has to be balanced as a whole, but my point here is to discuss that specific level-share mechanic. it doesnt really have anything to do with the other event point methods, my point is solely to encourage and have slightly easier access to party play at these levels.
    It is hardly a "balance" thing, rather an idea to improve a specific mechanic.

13. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Bumping this suggestion for current (summer) event - for Boss Rush lvl limitations

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Accepted for upcoming restart.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigerEgg

TigerEgg Mano

Jul 4, 2020
    Male
    Doom
    Night Lord
    what exactly was the accepted change here? 145-200 can share points? 150-200?

16. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Two players that are atleast level 145 will be able to benefit from the bonus party present regardless of their level difference.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. felipegn

felipegn Blue Snail

Dec 24, 2020
    Male
    8:22 AM
    BalrogJr
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    Maybe the same could apply for low lvls? I see people creating new characters but it's not usual to find a party with more than 3.

• Disagree Disagree x 2