1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Extreme stuttering when hovering over buttons/items

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Strife, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Strife

Strife Red Snail

Apr 19, 2018
    2:45 AM
    Whenever I hover the cursor over an item or menu option, the game will freeze up for a split second before the description/tooltip is displayed. This makes navigating my inventory pretty tedious and slow. Furthermore, the game will freeze for 4-5 seconds when I click the + button on the minimap to expand it or when I try to access the world map. There's nothing wrong with the connection and the stuttering is entirely client side.

I've tried the following with no success:
    - Rebooting my computer
    - Running in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3
    - Using the Legends+ mod
    - Moving the game files onto a different hard drive

The game isn't totally unplayable in this state but it's still odd considering I have a pretty strong computer and I'm able to run games smoothly that are much more graphics intensive. (i3 2.9GHz, 16GB ram, 64-bit)

2. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    11:45 PM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    have you tried turning off compatibility mode?

3. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    what graphics card do you have? have you tried switching to integrated graphics and seeing if it still happens?

4. OP
    OP
    Strife

Strife Red Snail

Apr 19, 2018
    - Turning off compatibility mode has no effect.
    - I have an Nvidia GeForce 2048 MB GDDR5. The control panel doesn't have an option for selecting integrated graphics, and GeForce is the only one that appears in the list of graphics cards.

5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Control panel isn't the way to switch to integrated graphics. You need to go into BIOS.

6. OP
    OP
    Strife

Strife Red Snail

Apr 19, 2018
    There are no options in BIOS related to video or graphics cards, either. A bit of searching and it seems like my particular type of computer (Alienware Alpha) has a GPU that's integrated into the motherboard and can't be swapped out - that may explain the lack of options.