1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:17 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hi,

So, new server is up now for 2 days 16 hours so its time for overall feedback. How is your experience on the new server so far?

Please note this is only regarding your stability and performance, so please do not feedback about other things such as the EXP event.

EU people will most likely say the delay is now 0.2 secish rather than no delay and unfortunately we need balance the performance over the world, because before the change the oversea people and US people had those delay problems.

But basically this thread is for the overall performance, like lag spikes and such things.

2. NerdRage

NerdRage Orange Mushroom

Jun 16, 2015
    Male
    3:17 PM
    Monstrosity
    Bishop
    Project
    Absolutely perfect! I have had no d/c and no lag :) This is really appreciated.

3. J4sper

J4sper Brown Teddy

May 29, 2015
    Male
    10:17 PM
    Jasper
    Warrior
    Perfect channel changing, no lag what so ever. Drops have no delay. No leveling lag. Overall perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  4. heldopsokken

heldopsokken Mano

Jun 28, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    <--- From the Netherlands , so far no delay just now and then lag like yesterday *gm event * overal server is really stable in my opinion keep up guys/gals !!

5. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    5:17 PM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Overall performance for me (being a US player) has been great. I've noticed an increase is buffing, before there was a slight delay and changing channels instantly has been awesome. There have been a few lag spikes here and that but nothing in comparison to the previous setup.

Overall i think this update is good ^^

6. ACME

ACME Mano

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    ACME
    Hermit
    Horizon
    Located in Norway & For me the experience has gone from very good to very good. I hardly experienced lag before the upgrade, but it was noticeable before some restarts. Now I have not experienced any lag worth noticing, and I think the time it takes to change channels has decreased significantly. Good update. :)

7. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Pretty good so far, CCing is actually fast now. Still dropping mesos pretty slow (sad life for dits), I'm not sure if that's related to the server or coding... Anyhow, a big improvement! ^^

8. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:17 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    All good apart pot delay feels a little annoying.. (From UK)

other than that, all good ^^

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh, didn't know we even got a new server. lol

Well gameplay has seemed pretty nice and smooth for me. However, last night I believe there was quite a huge lag spike that dcd many people...

10. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Its just fine for me. No problems to report.

11. Friend

Friend Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Friend
    Cleric
    yeah it's been a lot less laggier, also changing channels used to take a few seconds for me now it's almost instantaneous which is nice :)

12. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    No problems so far. This server is tons better than the other.

13. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:17 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Souna

Souna King Slime

Jul 5, 2015
    Male
    Souna
    Marauder
    High
  15. natelie

natelie Mushmom

Jun 5, 2015
    Female
    5:17 AM
    Natelie
    Magician
    Now i can keep my fm 1 spot5eva SlimeCool

16. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Haven't DC'ed at all, and barely ever lags, just takes a while for me to change maps. Probably my internet tho.

17. Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    2:17 PM
    Overall experience is much better, but when there's a lag spike I die 100% of the time even when spamming pots.... Before if I spam pots it'll register and I'll live. 6/10, before was 7/10 ._.

18. Crystalis

Crystalis Horny Mushroom

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Crystalis
    Bandit
    I've experienced very little lag since the upgrade. Where before I kept dealing with enemies walking in place going into pseudo god mode, it happens very rarely and for much shorter periods of times. I also like that CC'ing doesn't take a long time either. Makes me feel better about training because I don't want to hit enemies while they're walking in place and end up getting banned by the game thinking I was using fast attack or something.

The only negative is that I still get what i call "first hit lag". In other words, when I first attack a monster during a session of running the game, it has a small lag spike the first time I attack an enemy. However, I'm assuming that's just an issue with MS itself. Additionally, there seems to be a small bit of lag when an equip drops as in the game freezing up for a very brief moment. I also seem to notice that when I kill an enemy and get hit at the same time, I seem to take damage more often than the hit being ignored.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm pretty sure these small freezes first time you attack a mob or when equips drop are your own computer, not the server. It has to do with how memory is loaded. I'm guessing the first one is because the game only loads the images for damage numbers up then, when you first attack and need them. As for the equips, same deal.

Only thing that might help is defragging your hard drive. Just maybe... That or insane reverse engineering to make sure a few things are preloaded ...

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Giving one more bump for last opinions since we need extend the dedi soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.