1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix bosses 'fake animations'

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vowels, May 21, 2023.

1. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    5:26 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    There is an issue with the animations displayed during Pink Bean and Aufheben. For some months now these bosses have been showcasing fake animations for their attacks, which can be confusing and misleading for players.

I guess most runners don't feel particularly strong about this because often times is whatever, but every few runs or so there's always a good example of how these fake animation can make runners do mistakes. These 'fake animations' aren't intended and are counter intuitive so its just best if this is fixed.

Not sure if this is the case for more bosses actually, but HT seems fine...

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    4:26 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Is it a feature or a bug ?

3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:26 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It's a bug

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    bug because it's nowhere in the patch-notes

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    the nib moving the hitbox so much during the w.c is normal right? I was always confused and taking advantage of the topic I will ask

6. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    The Pacman attack? I cannot believe it is still not fixed and also the fact that the monster drops still just lies in the air. Also that you can't jump down to the safe spot but have to walk all the way around that platform you attack from and then all the way to the left

7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    eveytime nib uses wc it change alot the position the difference reaches 2m dpm

8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    1:26 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    "Fake fake fake" is the new "dpdpdp"

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    There have been a number of boss-related issues, during these years, which have been investigated and fixed (some with more success than others). The fake boss animation problem is likely the side effect of one of our latest fixes, which solved a specific case of boss freezing, that was ironically caused by faulty error handling.

While I can confirm that this will be investigated (it has already been, partially), I can't give a timeframe for its fix. Monster control/aggro logic debugging requires both client and server analysis, and while sometimes we've been lucky and spotted the issue pretty quickly (as was the case with last year's Banish hotfixes, if we include those in the boss problems category), most of the times it's a lengthy process.
    To give a bit of insight (or more precisely, speculation), the server is probably deciding that a specific skill/attack should not apply, after it has already broadcasted its activation to the players clients, which then desyncs the next skill/attack procedure. Figuring out where exactly that goes wrong will be the long part.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2