1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing APQ's botched runs when someone DC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ctjh1996, Feb 1, 2021.

1. ctjh1996

ctjh1996 Slime

Jun 12, 2020
    Male
    2:33 PM
    Coolleb96; Mamypoko
    Beginner, Bishop
    Hello pals =D

Problem: For all APQ lovers, I think there is a common occurrence when one member DCs in the first two stages (until the rope stage), there is no way of completing the APQ, why this happens is because there is no way to click on the NPC when on the rope. Furthermore, when @ gm is used, the GMs will only say that sadly it is not possible to teleport the DC member back to the map

Suggested fix: The fix is singularly aimed to allow the other players to complete the APQ with 5 members, I can accept that the DC member will have to accept the consequence of incompletion because of their DC, thats the luck of it. But its manifestly unfair for the others, which will be explain below. So the suggested fix are 3 prongs with some technical specifications I'm not privy to so would appreciate if there was technical clarifications
    1) Have GM warp the DC member back
    2) Allow DC member respawn on the rope stage, ala Zakum JQ
    3) make the map smaller so you can click on the NPC while on the rope.

I am aware that 1) and 2) circumvents the DC problem I stated above but that's just the way it is.

Explanation/Rationalisation:
    Thinking about it, it is not very fair to botch the entire run given that APQ takes time too, just like KPQ, EPQ, LPQ, OPQ and even has the added time required to get keys. Additionally, there is a 6 hour respawn time for APQ. Unlike the latter examples, APQ simply cannot be completed in the rope stage if 1 DCs while the others can still be completed. From a fairness standpoint, that seems manifestly unfair, no? Okay some also raise boss runs too which does not allow the DC member to respawn, if 1 member DCs (only he accepts the consequence of DC), for the other members it makes the run **harder** but not impossible since the mission can still carry on.

Thank you in advance GMs. I deeply appreciate any clarity on the viability of the fixes and if this problem can't be fixed but merely boils down to luck and getting a new PC, then I have nothing further to add on or argue my case.