1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician From Mage to Bishop, The Guide!

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Latte, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    10:34 PM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Hello and Welcome to the cozy world of Bishops. This class isn't for everyone, if you're not a fan of holding a single button for large amounts of time then this class isn't for you. If you like this class or are able to withstand how repetitive it is than welcome to the most profitable class!

I don't plan on going extremely in-depth about everything but if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment. Also I will make this thread pretty on a later date!​

SP Build:

Mage

So you made it to level 8, make sure you have at least 20 points in INT and head to Go to the Magic Library which is located at the highest point of Ellinia, where you'll meet up with Grendel the Really Old. Talk to him and he'll advance you as a Magician!

Mage Training Guide!

Mage Skill Build

Conclusion
    Improving MP Recovery-16 (MAXED)
    Improving Max MP Increase-10 (MAXED)
    Magic Guard-20 (MAXED)
    Magic Armor-0
    Magic Bolt-1
    Magic Claw-20 (MAXED)

Notes:
    This is the normal build for Mages. If you aren't struggling for potion money you can max Magic Claw before maxing MP Recovery, though I'd advise against it if you are struggling for potion money.​

Cleric
    Congrats on reaching level 30! Time to become a cleric! Go back to Ellinia's Magic Library, which is located at the top of Ellinia. Go inside, talk to Grendel the Really Old. He'll give you a letter and you've to pass it to the job advancement instructor located at Polluted Tree. After giving the letter, you'll be given an errand to collect 30 Dark Marbles by defeating the monsters inside. Once you've collected 30 Dark Marbles, talk to the instructor, and he'll award you with a Proof of a Hero. Go back to Ellinia's Magic Library, and talk to Grendel the Really Old once again, where then you'll advance as the Cleric.

Cleric training Guide

Cleric Skill Build

Conclusion
    30 Heal Maxed (MAXED)
    20 Invincible Maxed (MAXED)
    20 Bless Maxed (MAXED)
    20 MP Eater Maxed (MAXED)
    20 Teleport Maxed (MAXED)
    11 Holy Arrow

Notes:
    This is a standard party cleric build, there are other builds but by far this is the best. You can switch MP Eater and teleport if you're low on money. Otherwise i recommend maxing teleport because while training at GS2 it allows your to tele to the middle of the stairs.​

Priest
    Congrats on making it to level 70! Time to becomes a priest, this is when you will becomes especially popular. Go to El Nath – Chief Residence and speak to Robeira. After talking to Robeira, head back to Victoria Island and talk to “Grendel the Really Old” which is located in Ellinia. Next, find the Door of Dimension located at Forest of Evil II and it’ll bring you to “The Path of the Glittering Crystal”. Walk until the end of the path and enter the portal to defeat the wiseman’s dark side to obtain the Black Charm.

Return to “Grendel the Really Old” and exchange the Black Charm for a Necklace of Strength. Return to El Nath after that and give the item to Robeira. Head on to the Holy Ground at the Snowfield (Sharp Cliff II). 1 Dark Crystal is requirred to answer 5 questions to obtain the Necklace of Wisdom. Again, head back to Robeira in El Nath and give her the Necklace of Wisdom.

Here is a link to the answers to the Questions: Answers

Priest Training Guide

Leechers Guide:

Priest Skill Build

Conclusion:
    Lvl 30 Shining Ray (Maxed)
    Lvl 30 Holy Symbol (Maxed)
    Lvl 20 Elemental Resistance (Maxed)
    Lvl 30 Summon Dragon (Maxed)
    Lvl 1 Doom
    Lvl 20 Mystic Door (Maxed)
    Lvl 20 Dispel (Maxed)

Notes:
    This is again the typical Priest build, I maxed Mystic Door sooner. Everything but doom gets maxed so feel free to adjust this build to your liking, the only thing I wouldn't change is the beginning. Holy Symbol should be maxed first followed by Shining Ray.​

Bishop

You finally did it! You made it to 120, everything it about to become worth it! Speak to the respective 3rd job instructor in El Nath to get a Recommendation Letter for the Fourth Advancement. Bring the Recommendation Letter to the 4th Job Instructor in Leafre for acknowledgement. Now, prove to the Instructor that you have what it takes for the 4th job advancement by getting the Heroic Star and Heroic Pentagon. You may hunt the Manon and Griffey to get the required items. Alternatively, head to Eos Tower 44th Floor to get a Secret Letter of Spell at 10 million mesos. After which, look for Chief Tatamo of Leafre Village to exchange for a set of Heroic Star and Heroic Pentagon. When you are ready with the required items, go to your 4th job instructor to make your job advancement. Congratulations! You are now in 4th job advance class! You will be granted 3 Skill Points, 5 Ability Points, a Maple Hero Skill Book and 3 core skills.

Bishop Training Guide

Bishop Skill Build

Conclusion
    Everything gets maxed

Notes:
    The reason I said not to max Genesis even if you genesis 20 unlocked until you have genesis 30 because genesis maxed at 20 it used a lot more mana than genesis maxed at 10. Once you get 30 unlocked and maxed the mana cost goes down significantly. You most likely will be 2 hitting skeles until 180 anyway so the maxing genesis at 20 is a waist of time and money.​

Unlocking genesis

Luck Less Gear

Magic Needed to 1/2/3 shot mobs:
    [​IMG]

That concludes my guide!
    Thank you for reading and good luck!​

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 20
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    TO DO LIST:
    Make thread nice with pictures, etc.
    Add DMG Calc (Whenever @Marty@Marty wants to give it to me :rolleyes:)
    Fix any mistakes I've made, I'm sure there's some.

3. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon

Hmm I really wasn't planning on putting a lot of work into this guide... idk what happened to that.

Edit:
    Also inb4 the "Hold 1 key comments" Kappa

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  4. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    9:34 PM
    Although I simply skimmed this guide (since I'm not a bishop), I have some things to say!

Firstly, nicely done. Really looks like you put the time into it.

However, here are just a few things I noticed:
    • Some grammatical mistakes here and there. Not a big deal of course since it doesn't detract from the overall message. If you'd like, I can do a full run through the entire guide and clean it up, but honestly, I think the guide is good enough as is.
    • The font color is a little hard to read; maybe make it a little darker? Up to you, though.
    • Are you sure you're supposed to max MP recovery before Magic Claw in 1st job? Unless you're really struggling with pot money, I don't understand why you would. I would really appreciate an explanation for it though since I've never leveled my mage skills like that :eek:
    • Under the "Level 15-20" section of the training guide you were writing something about there being a "d" but I dunno what you were trying to say. OnionF6
    • Under "Bishop Skill Guide" you say getting Genesis to Gene 20 is a "waist" of money, when it should be "waste". It just irked me a little bit haha. Kappa
    • Under the gear guide, you said if you can find a Black Raggedy Cape (lvl. 25) to scroll it for int, but it doesn't have any slots.
    • Also under the gear guide, you mention scrolling overalls and hats for MA, but did you mean Int? I realize that they both give the same Magic bonus but I don't recall being able to scroll overalls for MA. OnionF6
    • Also under the gear guide, you should head over to "Showa" instead of "Show" for the Green Paintbrush Kappa.
    • Under the training guide for lvl 35-50, you could add LPQ since it's decent exp while heal is still weak and you can get those ugly af glasses :p
    • Throughout the entire guide I noticed you used "Luck" instead of "Luk", but it could just be the way you're referencing it. Up to you if you want to change it though.

I hope you don't find this comment to be rude since I'm simply offering my opinion on your guide. :) Just to reiterate: I'm not trying to tear you down or anything. This guide is really well crafted but I'm just giving my input :D

• Like Like x 4
  5. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    I thought HS requires 3 into dispel

6. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    Cleric guide:
    1) Heal
    2) genesis

J/K, really cool guide! Way to go Mr. Coffee

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Will work on it and LOL i forgot about that since ive seen them but have never had the cape.

Things I've forgotten :p

8. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    Oh wow this guide really goes will with my OCD
    Nicely done!

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    @Catalyst@Catalyst Thank you ^^ I spent way to much time on this and just wanted to get it out lol, reworked the priest build till I figure out where I went wrong in the level by level build. And am going through fixing grammatical mistakes. Part of the problem is I worked on this from my phone during down time at work :p

Edit:
    It's recommended for new players to max MP recovery first since they will most likely be struggling for potion money. Typically speaking people make a Bishop as their first character so they don't have the early game funding.

Fixed, put a temp guide in place while I rework the level by level one. ty ^^

10. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    9:34 PM
    No problem :)
    It's a great guide! I just wanted to give my input to make your hard work that much more fulfilling.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:34 AM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Good guide, Gabe! I only looked through it quickly, I'll read it entirely later, but I don't see any blatant mistakes in terms of content. The only thing that bothers me is the formatting, this blue hurts my eyes...

12. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Fine fine ill change the color :rolleyes:

13. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Are you going to finish the priest build @Latte@Latte

14. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    It's there already, just not level by level. :)

15. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Edited some, removed the color due to people being blind Kappa.
    Replaced spoilers with quotes because that many spoilers looked ugly and was causing issues

16. Bandidntdoit

Bandidntdoit Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2015
    Male
    Finland
    5:34 AM
    Bandit
    Even tho I'm never going to make a bishop, I had to like this. Man you must havve spent hours writing this

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I appreciate the positivity <3

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:34 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    If you are going to do only grinding or early gs i dont recommend that build. It is much more effective to go with max heal -> mp eater -> teleport first to minimize mp usage and not using potions at all in gs. Later just max invincible and finally bless. Why is invincible much better than bless for grinding? Because it reduces %physical dmg taken from mobs which is much more than 20 wep def/magic def. Yes, the accuracy boost is nice, but IT DOES NOT AFFECT MAGIC ATTACK
    Magic accuracy is solely affected by your magic and level, this is why things such as the darkness debuff from mobs doesn't affect mages in terms of missing.
    so if you are thinking of grinding early at gs don't even bother with bless until the end, invincible will be more effective.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Just took a closer look at this and I feel like putting 1 in TP is way better than 1 in Heal at LV. 30. Heal will be useless until LV. 35 ~ at least, whereas 1 point in TP will help you indefinitely. It's also worth mentioning that you can stay at teddies from 25 until 35 without advancing if you want; you'll be able to use the SP and won't have to travel back.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tarte

Tarte Chronos

Oct 19, 2015
    Female
    8:34 PM
    Lullabies
    Bishop
    Demure
    So, you suggest priest build is like this?

70: +1 Shining Ray
    71: +3 Dispel
    72: +1 Elemental Resistance, +1 Mystic Door, +1 Holy Symbol
    73: +3 Holy Symbol
    74: +3 Holy Symbol
    75: +3 Holy Symbol
    76: +3 Holy Symbol
    77: +3 Holy Symbol
    78: +3 Holy Symbol
    79: +3 Holy Symbol
    80: +3 Holy Symbol
    81: +3 Holy Symbol