1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Game Aborts after character select (Tried all solutions)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by mcspiffin, Mar 21, 2022.

1. mcspiffin

mcspiffin Slime

Jun 24, 2019
    2:08 PM
    Beginner
    Client: I've tried Both Crossover (latest version) and Wineskin (wrapper 2.6.2)!
    MacOS: 10.13.6 High Sierra
    Describe the Error:

Game aborts when clicking my character. Game loads fine, login is fine. Only when selecting character does it abort. A couple of notes / caveats:

1. I have successfully been able to log into 2 of my 6 accounts before. The other 4 I cannot. I don't know if it has something to do with where the character was (free market entrance) when patch was going on? I find this super strange, and repeatable

2. I've done all the troubleshooting steps (single click character and hit enter, click 'view all characters' and enter through that portal, restarted computer 2x, refresh wrapper on wineskin multiple times, enabled/disabled performance enhanced graphics on crossover).

3. I was previously an 'only wineskin' user. Downloaded and tried crossover just for this event. still no dice.

I can't upload the cxlog for whatever reason. Is there something special I need to do?

2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:08 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    If you’re using crossover try enabling “performance enhances graphics” then using enter to login. Nothing worked for me until I had that enabled.
    456D57ED-DBD4-4FC4-81FC-9F99FE725215.png

3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:08 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Actually just reread and noticed you can log on some characters. Channel 1 Henesys seems to be having issues if the characters happen to be there, haven’t seen anything about FM though.

4. OP
    OP
    mcspiffin

mcspiffin Slime

Jun 24, 2019
    Beginner
    Yeah, I have the performance enhanced check ON (tried toggling too).

I (think) it's a problem with my characters in FM entrance. I literally just tried with the same crossover client and instance - one account who has a char in fm 12 logged in fine (same account that worked on wineskin). Then I tried another account, who I think is in either FM 9 or FMEntrance. Always aborts after character select. I followed the same steps:

login
    select channel by double clicking (also tried clicking 'Enter Channel')
    select character by click + enter

OR

login
    View all characters
    select character and enter world

Worked for the first char, not for the second, and this is the case for 4 of my 6 accounts

5. OP
    OP
    mcspiffin

mcspiffin Slime

Jun 24, 2019
    Beginner
    not sure if anyone cares but I also figured out a theme - I'm connecting my mac to a larger monitor. For whatever reason if I log in and select char when plugged into larger monitor, the game aborts. If I am not connected, game does not abort. Works on all accounts, repeatable