1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Game freezes on opening logos when booting in HD mode.

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by ionian, Nov 5, 2019.

1. ionian

ionian King Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    2:38 AM
    Ionian
    Magician
    Description of the bug: New Version (HD Nov Update) freezes on Wizet page in HD mode
    What is supposed to happen?:Should go to login screen
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:As soon as I booted
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):Start the game
    Extra information (optional):If I skip the opening logos, I can boot in HD mode.

I can't get the game to boot in HD mode. When I start the game in HD mode, the Neckson logo displays, then the Wizet logo displays, then it freezes on the Wizet logo. I have to run the game in regular mode (HDClient = false) 800x600 mode in order to see the startup logos and get to the login screen.

If I SKIP the startup logos, (SkipWizetAnim = true) then I CAN start the game in HD mode. So the problem seems to strictly be constrained to the opening logos.

I guess it depends on how nostalgic I'm feeling. If I want the opening logos, I need to play the game in regular mode. If I don't need them, I can run the game in HD mode.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti with the latest drivers.

I would rate this bug as low priority since I was able to log in and play my character so as long as I skip the opening logos, the game won't freeze so technically I can get around it.

Thanks,
    Ionian

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:38 AM
    Moderator Post
    Can you try this .dll and put it in MapleLegends folder? Replace the old one
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555328256232914948/641073667912105991/ijl15.dll

Let me know if you still crash after the wizet animation.

3. OP
    OP
    ionian

ionian King Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    2:38 AM
    Ionian
    Magician
    Just tried it but no, it didn't work. The game doesn't crash but rather it just freezes. The Wizet logo happens and then the screen stays white and the little hand is in the middle and everything is frozen. I have to use task manager to end the game to get back to windows.