1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Gr2D error for HD2

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by DrChuchu, Feb 23, 2023.

1. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    10:19 PM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Just got a new laptop and ready to grind, but coming up with "Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D." I did some tinkering as part of the previous fixes with CRU and changing the refresh rate to 60hz and it now works on 800x600 and HD1. However, HD2 still gives me the error. Wondering if anyone has a solution on it.

Windows 11
    AMD graphics
    Current screen resolution 2560x1600
    Refresh rate 60hz

Thanks!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. KyokoKiri

KyokoKiri Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    10:19 AM
    KyokoKiri
    Night Lord
    Hi, I'm having the same problem as you.
    I have given feedback under Discord #support, but no reply yet.

Snipaste_2023-02-23_12-09-11.png Snipaste_2023-02-23_12-09-22.png Snipaste_2023-02-23_12-09-33.png

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. KyokoKiri

KyokoKiri Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    KyokoKiri
    Night Lord
    I think it's due to AMD drivers partly and I also hear that mac users can not turn on hd2 mode.

4. KyokoKiri

KyokoKiri Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    KyokoKiri
    Night Lord
    Windows Update pushed a new driver "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 30.0.14064.30001" for my laptop, and I can enable hd2 mode now.
    You can try driver version like 30.0.14064.xxxxx and hope it will help.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    DrChuchu

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Welp, playing with various driver versions still but no luck. Most recent windows/AMD update brings to 31.x for me. Tried some older versions but still nothing works for HD2 for now. Good try though.

6. KyokoKiri

KyokoKiri Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    KyokoKiri
    Night Lord
    My laptop is Legion Slim 7 Gen 7, which has the same screen resolution as yours. I've tried various versions of drivers before, and like you said, from 31.x onwards, I can't turn on hd2. I remember last time the driver that Windows Update pushed was 30.0.14064.25000, and I can turn on hd2 normally with this version, so you can try one more time.

Good luck!
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Advanced+Micro+Devices,+Inc.+-+Display+-+30

Snipaste_2023-06-29_11-06-18.png

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    DrChuchu

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Oh shit it worked. Thanks for providing the link to the updates, didn't know where to look for it. Then it took me forever to install it because well, I didn't know how to install it. OKAY so step by step in case anyone needs this:
    1. Download file from above (.cab)
    2. Open .cab file with something like 7-zip (do not use default Windows File Explorer, it screwed me for the longest time here)
    3. Extract .cab files to a folder you can find
    4. Open Device Manager, then under Display adapters you should find your display driver (for me it was "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics")
    5. Right-click the driver and click "Update Driver"
    6. In the menu that popped up, do "Browse my computer for drivers" then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" then "Have disk..."
    7. In the install from disk menu, browse for the folder you made in step 3 and click on the .inf file.
    8. Now there should be a list of drivers and then find the one that matches your graphics driver ("AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics")
    9. When the graphics driver installs, your screen should flicker on and off

You can check that the driver version matches the download. Then try running Maple in HD2.

Also can I buy you a coffee or something? lmk

EDIT: Device manager says graphics card not working properly ("AMD Radeon RX 6700S"). I assume it's because the driver doesn't match with the other display driver. There are no drivers for this card from the old windows update. It might affect other gaming, but I guess who cares because Maple works.

EDIT2: Other game works fine so far.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  8. KyokoKiri

KyokoKiri Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    KyokoKiri
    Night Lord
    Thank you for your appreciation! Your gratitude is enough for me.
    I'm glad to see that you have solved the problem.MapleF2

I guess your laptop is ROG Zephyrus G14, and my graphics card is AMD Radeon RX 6800S, the drivers should be common.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  9. OP
    OP
    DrChuchu

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Spot on yeah! I might look into it a bit more, since it seems like external displays stop working now (confirmed by rolling back old driver).