1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved GR2D error with 1366x768 HD resolution only (possible fixes for others inside)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by YoniSL, Mar 25, 2020.

1. YoniSL

YoniSL Slime

Jan 2, 2016
    meso bills y'alll
    8:58 PM
    Uziah
    Spearman
    [P]Erion
    So as the title states I only experience GR2D errors when launching maplelegends in 1366x768 (option 2 in legends.ini file) which seemed odd to me as other resolutions work fine.

So far I've tried the CRU.exe method by adding the 800x600 resolutions and frequency custom options which only fixed the lower resolution errors. After removing these settings again and factory resetting the settings through CRU's reset.exe and AMD driver settings GR2D errors popped up again for any resolution.

In order to fix this, without the use of CRU, I've looked into the windows options and figured my monitor was set on 59hz instead of 60hz.

Steps to fix:
    1) look for advanced display settings on win10
    [​IMG]
    2) see if it's actually set on 60hz
    [​IMG]

If one uses AMD, enabling GPU scaling in the driver for the main monitor seems to do the trick equally fine. It can be disabled afterwards, it seems AMD resets the settings this way properly.

Other things I've tried is running setup.exe, running MS in 800x600 and 1024x... on fullscreen, all failed to eventually run the game in 16:9 1366x768.

After deleting legends.ini, restarting and trying out the "GR2DFix = true" option in the newly created legends.ini the problem persists.

Other things I've tried are running the client in win xp sp3 / win7 and admin mode which all failed so far. Disabling window mode and booting fullscreen didn't do the trick either.

AMD allows adding custom resolutions just as CRU.exe does, but this doesn't seem to do the trick as well. I wonder if adding 1366x768 as a custom resolution would've done the trick, but haven't found a way to do so yet. Would adding 1920x1080 @ 75hz do the trick perhaps? even though my monitor is locked on 60hz, maple's setup.exe prefers 72/75 for some reason.

Other details that may matter:
    AMD driver is on latest version (RX580)
    Windows 10 latest updates installed yada yada
    Directx should be latest version too

So my question is if there are any other steps I could try to get the 1366x768 resolution to work?

I've recently read there might be a new client update soon that may or may not include possible fixes. If so, I am happy to wait for these.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    YoniSL

YoniSL Slime

Jan 2, 2016
    meso bills y'alll
    Uziah
    Spearman
    [P]Erion
    edit : tried super resolution and gpu scaling options as well as was suggested by the alt enter problem thread. Neither worked. The toggling of the setting resets screen to 59hz again, which even after changing back and forth, did not allow starting in 1366x768.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    YoniSL

YoniSL Slime

Jan 2, 2016
    meso bills y'alll
    Uziah
    Spearman
    [P]Erion
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. superstar

superstar Blue Snail

Jun 21, 2020
    Male
    4:58 AM
    THANK YOU for posting this pdf guide.

My computer wasn't able to launch maplelegends AT ALL, and after following other instructions like setup.exe, ticking 800x600 in CRU or checking my monitor hz, I almost gave up.

But this was the solution for me!

5. Jhan1

Jhan1 Snail

Jul 8, 2020
    Male
    11:58 AM
    Man I had this problem for so long and nothing was working. Thank you for the Advanced Display Settings thing! Mine was at 59 hz too. I also had a problem with the maple login screen after it opened, it would be stuck in the corner and i couldnt click on the ID and PASSWORD area however I manually changed my Display resolution to 1366x768 like Maple's and im all good. Was quite a headache.

6. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    6:58 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Unfortunately. nothing seems to work for me on Windows 10 running Bootcamp on an iMac with AMD drivers.

the search continues.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Rorschach

Rorschach Snail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    11:58 AM
    Marksman
    This did it for me as well THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

8. pebbytan

pebbytan Mano

Dec 17, 2021
    Female
    Pebbytan
    Bishop, Bowman
    Aspect
    You are a real trooper my man, thank you for this simple yet SUPERRR effective guide :< atlast <3