1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Gr2D Error

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Tunechi, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Tunechi

Tunechi Red Snail

Sep 30, 2022
    4:28 PM
    This isn't a serious issue for me, more of quality of life so that I can free up space on my desk, but would appreciate if anyone had any thoughts.

Basically I use a laptop connected to a monitor to play (with a mouse and keyboard connected via USB to my laptop). I'd like to be able to close my laptop and run Legends solely on the monitor (without having to open the laptop).

The problem is that when I try to use the monitor only (while laptop lid is closed) and I try to open Legends, I get a "Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D" error.

Some technical specifications that are probably helpful:
    Laptop is 1920 x 1080, 144 Hz
    Monitor is 3440 x 1440, 84.96 Hz

Honestly I don't know much about the technical aspect of computers, so don't know if more information is needed, but let me know if there is more I can provide.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  2. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Pretty sure you need to force the refresh rate on the monitor to something like 60hz

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Tunechi

Tunechi Red Snail

Sep 30, 2022
    only had the option of reducing it to 50 but it worked! thank you!

4. OP
    OP
    Tunechi

Tunechi Red Snail

Sep 30, 2022
    Coming back to this one - the solution works for the HD2 client but does not work for HD1 or HD0 (I typically use a combo of HD2 and HD0).

5. OP
    OP
    Tunechi

Tunechi Red Snail

Sep 30, 2022
    I fixed it. Got a display port (monitor) to usb-c (laptop) wire, changed refresh rate to 60 hz, and duplicated my display instead of extending it. Now I can open all 3 client sizes at the same time without changing any settings.