1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gtop wrongfully claims my IP already voted

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by kalash, May 10, 2017.

1. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    9:17 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    So I've been having this problem for a little while. I don't think it's a real bug but I would like a solution as this prevents me from being able to vote some days.
    What happens: when I try to vote on the same account that I voted on yesterday (mobile network), the ML site allows me to go to the GTOP site after 24 hours (works perfectly). I do the check and suddenly my IP has already voted like 20 hours ago.
    The weirdest thing is that when I take a drive (perhaps to another transition mast?), the IP seems to be clear. Might there be something wrong with GTOPs IP thing?
    Perhaps some gm could send them a little email or something?

2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I think someone else just voted from that IP. Not much can be done about that.

3. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    3:17 PM
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    I have the same problem. Nobody in my house plays game except me. It allows me to get to GTOP website. Do the verify thing and when i click vote it says Cooldown 20 hours as well.
    I can vote most of the days but some days i can't. And its always 20 Hours CD. I have no idea why isit like that as well.

4. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    How? It's from my mobile network, which should be personal...

Glad to hear someone else has the same problem!

5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Mobile network was never personal, do you honestly think your provider put up masts all around the world just for you?

6. FooL

FooL Slime

May 2, 2017
    Lake Titicaca, Peru
    3:17 AM
    Fool
    Beginner
    dog just walk 2 da library or pizza pizza or some shit

7. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    No ofc not, but each device shouldhave its own ip right? I know routers have ip's for the outside world that differ from the in-house ip's, but I thought your mobile network wouldn't...
    Perhaps a gm could msg GTOP about this then?

8. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    At any given time you will have a different IP. But there is not an unlimited supply of numbers, and some times you will be assigned an IP which was used by someone else earlier that day.
    The only way GTOP could change this is by adding some sort of account system or by adding hardware logging, both which would be a disaster.

Also GTOP is already aware of this, there are people living at dorms who has it much worse than you.

9. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Agreed, they do. Shouldn't that be something GTOP should look at? I never had this problem before so something must have changed...

10. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    3:17 PM
    Crusader
    Keep trying, and once you successfully vote, try to vote at the same time and place daily. Once you vote the IP address can't vote for the next 24 hours, so odds are you might be the first to reuse that IP address once the 24 hours have passed.