1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice GTOP100 update post & conclusions

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:09 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hi,

Since day 5 of the temporary change is going through I am happy that my curiosity was proven, and that's all what I wanted to know.

Due to there being people that had difficulty voting during this period, when the system goes back to 24 hours we are giving 6.000 Vote Cash for a short period instead of 5.000. This will last until Monday.

We'll also be reminding a lot that you may only vote once again every 24 hours when the voting goes back to 24 hours. We will make this clear on the vote page when it's back to the old system, as well as notices in the Free Market.

We would still appreciate if you are willing to take a few seconds (up to minutes for some) to vote an additional time for free if you can. A link to do so now is on our vote page. Maybe in future we can create monthly goals when it comes to the GTOP ranking, which if it get reached there's a global event or reward for a short period. That's just thoughts though.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience for those that had a really bad experience during this experiment. Sometimes these just need to happen when you are curious on something.

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

3:09 PM
    Really cute idea with the vote goals!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    3:09 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    But what was the experiment all about O:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Obviously to see the effect on gtop. We're above croosade now due to everyone voting twice a day, which they already did.

I love the idea of monthly rewards or such when we're reaching a voting goal with free votes! Gonna have to brainstorm about the goal (I'd say like 1.7x the average #online, measured once per hour. 1.7 instead of 2 due to mules) and the rewards, but it sounds really good! I would vote for free once a day for a goal!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  5. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    8:09 AM
    Paladin
    this is my fave server seriously thank you kimly

6. EleElephant

EleElephant Blue Snail

Jul 17, 2018
    10:09 PM
  7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
  8. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Shadower
    I think that if we really wanted to increase Legend's rankings on GTOP, players should still receive some sort of "reward" for going out of their way to vote twice. Of course, nothing TOO drastic, like this 3k-3k we did, because that messes up players who can't vote twice a day (rip me), but maybe something like 5k for the first vote and 250, 500nx for the second. That way, there's still a LITTLE incentive to vote, but it's still clear that the second vote is meant to support the server.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    5:09 PM
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    I realy like what HappyFestus said, it can be realy great, like getting 5k on first vote and 1k for the second, something like that

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I have already explained multiple times in the previous topic and this one now that different vote rewards is not possible. Its possible to give based on 1 account doing x votes, but its not possible (in a stable way) to give 1 vote 5k and the second 1k or whatever (using examples).

11. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Shadower
    Ahh, didn't see that, my bad! In that case, for a single account, would it be possible to keep track of how often an account votes in 24 hours, and then give them a set amount based on that number? ie, 0 for 0, 5k for 1, 6k for 2, vote ban for 3+ (instead of individual amounts for individual votes).