1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrueKebab, Jul 19, 2021.

1. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    12:42 PM
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    Ossu all o/

This post is mostly aimed towards fellow guild leaders, I'm really just curious how you guys and galls keep track of guild activity for purges and the sort.

Personally I've been trying to keep tracking using maintenances and listing pre-maint Guild interface but the sporadic nature of maints make this an unrealiable methode with some maint's 2 months apart and others 3 in a week.
    Also by using maint's alone, someone who logged in just an hour before maint and not since would be listed ?? for the whole 2 months till next where-as someone else who only logged in an hour past and not since would show lvl for the whole 2 months, while its only a 2 hours difference.

I'm also wondering if staff would be able to work something out to make tracking activity easier, by for example rebooting server more frequently to reset the guild list, or allowing people to see other's last online periods even if its in a matter of 'more than a week ago' and 'more than a month ago' and so on with this not being overwritten by a follow up maint.

2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:42 AM
    DMsRebirth
    By actually being active and in good communication with the rest of the guild, of course

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    6:42 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    You can check last leveled date if you want to get a rough estimate on when they last played:
    https://maplelegends.com/levels?name= (insert ign here)

Otherwise it's just keeping communication or if you see them login, etc. Discord is also very helpful to communicate outside of ML.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    12:42 PM
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    This sounds like be online 24/7 and memorize everyones movements, which no one could do. I just don't memorize when I last saw someone online last and I clearly miss people logging in on times I'm not online. Communication goes 2 ways aswell, if no one tells me they are either going on a break or a holiday or what, I've got nothing to go on.

Lvl ranks are usefull to a limit, it only shows last lvl up, my own last lv was 2021-06-20 01:11:49 but that does not mean I haven't been online for a month.
    I've tried time and time again to remind people we have a discord page but not everyone seems interested to join it, some people do so within seconds of joining guild where as others still haven't a few months in.
    They are good methods of course but only work if people co-operate with that, and I can hardly make joining discord mandatory for every new member.