1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP getting started SOLVED

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by hinsj985, Dec 19, 2018.

1. hinsj985

hinsj985 Red Snail

Dec 18, 2018
    6:10 AM
    nah
    Beginner
    nah
    hey EVERYBODY wow I like you guys already, excited that this morning I solved what kept me from getting started.

I had my maplelegends/ file in the C: and in it was a .zip containing the windowed/not game launchers that had a generic icon.. not the maple shroom

=====+they are compressed and wont extract properly+======

so i uninstalled mcafee and norton oops
    BECAUSE they wouldnt let me into the directory to clear ML of screening so F-It

they were uninstalled through the control panel and all i had to do was go back to my C: and try extracting with no virus protection and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you guys soon I hope this helps more smart people get into our server

2. Mii

Mii Mixed Golem

Sep 21, 2018
    MapleLegends
    3:10 PM
    LilMi / miii
    Bowmaster
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Welcome to the server, hope to c u ingame =)

3. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    9:10 AM
    Sarina
    There is a Client_Backup.zip just in case your antivirus or firewall deletes the executable files. this happens a lot on Windows 10 but doesn't happen at all on Linux.

4. OP
    OP
    hinsj985

hinsj985 Red Snail

Dec 18, 2018
    nah
    Beginner
    nah
    ya it was happening like that ^
    I knew .exe was in client backup and I knew it needed to be extracted right?
    -anti virus got it every time I asked to extract, but as I watched the files extract and disappear, the pc wasn't telling me that it was the AV doing so. thats where the google search game began...

when those AV were gone I tried to extract from clientbackup.zip; they stayed... had mushroom logo this time and they were finally executable

actually have been reading into linux funny you say that, any tips there? im not great with pc, would love to get into real computing

5. OP
    OP
    hinsj985

hinsj985 Red Snail

Dec 18, 2018
    nah
    Beginner
    nah
    i got a book on linux and have lurked on distrowatch just not confident in trying to boot