1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Horntail pre-head 'lag zone' thread

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Kimmy, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:11 PM
    Moderator Post
    To prevent derailing that other topic further...

KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove

I took whole evening yesterday with Wolf ScrollWolf Scroll trying troubleshoot the issue with the 'lag zone'. While we know where its coming from, a solution that doesn't change the map isn't there yet, because as usual the client is a ...

What I did however, is change the lag spot to a new test location, to see if this indeed solves the problem for good.

Demonstration:
    https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/4GgdDpiD

What this means is that by using this test patch you now need to spawn Horntail by going off the rope.

Furthermore, this test patch also has a new client. This client uses a different protection over our old client. Based on some people, they had issues with having more lag compared to an unprotected client. While I do not want go completely unprotected because it triggers anti-viruses more often and give other servers an easier time taking our client mods, I am attempting different protections to see if it improves the performance of the client.

Feedback on this is appreciated as well!

Lastly, thanks to Wolf ScrollWolf Scroll this client also fixes the issue where some items stay on-screen after a SMEGA. If you still notice any item staying on screen using this client let me know!

Demonstration on that:
    https://kimberly.s-ul.eu/jH52NA31

Download prototype patch:
    https://kimbershy.stackstorage.com/s/JMQ4elf12oY1Nit

Do note that everyone going Horntail should get this patch, or else they will just lag like normally at the Horntail pre-heads.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Tried the experimental client and I could call it a success, moving that zone to the rope prevents any annoyance that happened before. You now have lag if you are on the rope but that won't annoy anyone, except the seduce mules that don't have much action beside buffing sometimes.
    Good work.

3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Would it make more sense to drop the 'lag zone' further down, so buff mules and seduce mules can stay on the top of the rope without lag as well?

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I'd say, if you could, put it as low as possible. No one ever steps on the bottom floor anyhow (except for corner cases like using rage when others are on atk buffs)

5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Also the smega getting stuck function is working as well. I'm just happy all this works

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Client itself running fine as well? As in, does it still bootup as fast, no additional lag, etc?

7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Works like a regular client to me

• Like Like x 1
  8. RICEDUCK

RICEDUCK Chronos

Nov 30, 2017
    Female
    8:11 AM
    RICEDUCK/MISHKA
    Night Lord
    Tempus
    So horntail will only spawn if we climb on the rope and jump off it?

9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It will spawn at the bottom of the ladder