1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HotPotShop Pots: From 8-8 to 2-13, and a Bittersweet Farewell

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Kanetsugu, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Kanetsugu

Kanetsugu Orange Mushroom

Nov 15, 2020
    10:05 AM
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Hello everyone!

Today I wanted to write about a little bit about my journey running HotPotShop Pots in 2-13 (formerly 8-8 and 8-13). I'm not that great of a creative writer but I still wanted to share!

My wife (huoguo) and I (MaLaTang) started playing in November 2020. I started with a Bowmaster and she started with a Bishop. When I was a wee Ranger, I wanted to use Ginseng Roots because I was lazy and wanted to have one potion for everything, but I didn't want to keep burning mesos for them. So I decided to make a Ginseng Root shop in 8-8, with the hopes that it could help fund my own Ginseng Root usage while grinding. This was when the most well-known pot shop was Beaters NLC in 3-15. After getting a few customers, I started using other characters to make other pots to be a smaller, cheaper alternative to Beaters NLC.

[​IMG]

Eventually, my wife started to also help run some pot shops, so we could expand the pots we sold.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, as with many games, there will come a time when you have to deal with trolls and minor annoyances. The first such example is those who like to advertise in our shops even though we are just an up-and-coming pot store.

[​IMG]

The minor ones are those who like to leave one stack of a potion there, but some like to let the world know too!

[​IMG]

Then eventually, one day, you get a really big troll, like someone who would put a store in the middle of the pot store when we forgot to reset one at night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, I'm not claiming we owned 8-8, after all, it is a free market and no one person owns an entire FM store. But I felt it was a bit targeted at us for some reason unknown to us, as there are other rooms where they could put their store as well. We were able to get the spot back eventually when the store expired, but the next maintenance/reset was in the middle of the night for us, which ended up being a disaster for 8-8.

[​IMG]

And this prompted our first move of our pot shops to 8-13. Oh, by the way, the new 8-8 occupants didn't run those pots that long and disappeared very quickly. I'm not sure if it was just a big troll or someone trying to take 8-8 pots for themselves. I'll never know.

[​IMG]

A big change

On June 9th, 2022, a chalkboard went up in front of 8-8 saying that pot refills would be limited due to a medical reason. That medical reason, fortunately, was not a bad emergency, but it was definitely a big medical event, which was the birth of our wonderful daughter.

[​IMG]

This was a monumental change to our personal and Maple lives and perceptive customers may have noticed that potion refills were not as consistent as they once were. We were so grateful for all the kind comments, whispers, and smegas we saw during and after these events.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sometime after the move to 8-13, there was a patch for MapleLegends which would remove channels 7 and 8. This was a sad change for us, as we loved our time in channel 8, but we eventually moved to 2-13, to be in the same room location. This was also requested by Nightz.

[​IMG]

Of course now I think he has to change channels sometimes ;)

So far, we did have one fiasco in 2-13 after a server reset, which was again occupied by other stores (though seemingly from a different person), which prompted a move to 2-14 for a couple of days, and then move back to 2-13 after the stores were expired.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Closing thoughts

Anyways, that’s all I really have to say, nothing too exciting. We really enjoyed running these pot shops and loved all the kind and funny interactions from all the MapleLegends players, and I have collected various screenshots over the years: https://imgur.com/a/4y3zG3n

With all that said, I want to also announce that we are ending our pot service, effective October 15th, 2023, or until pots are all sold out. We have been very busy lately with getting new full-time jobs and with our child getting older, we find that we don't have that much time to spare resetting pots.

I want to give special thanks to our little Maple family, Munchies. Even though none of us play anymore, we'll always have our great memories.

I also want to give special thanks to our big Maple family, Funk. I'm glad we joined when we did and got to experience all types of content with everyone, growing and sharing our experiences together.

I wanted to take this space to thank some people individually.
    @NoMoneyToEat - for helping us always as we were newer players and giving us countless amounts of advice
    @ImZooted - for being our AFK Munchies guild leader
    SwesticerSwesticer - for being sweaty and hosting content
    @sukker - for always standing up for our pot shop
    ShnappieShnappie MatthijsMatthijs - for being cuties and unique
    xBowtjuhNLxBowtjuhNL - for hosting Funk HT runs that we were able to join before
    NightzNightz - for letting me experience PB on my bucc and inviting us to Funk
    @Muuh - for being Muuh
    and for others that I might have missed!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 35
    • Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:05 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    woo
    Thank you for the times you saved the rums with your pot shop!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:05 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Your stores have kept me going for such a long time, thanks for everything! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!OnionLoveOnionByeOnionLove

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    HotCow
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    The end of an era !! We’ll miss you guys❤️

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Thanks for everything, you two are a wonderful couple and we'll be missing your amazing pot service. Hope you can pass on the family business to your daughter as soon as possible ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    8:05 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Thank you for your service and rest in power

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    11:05 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Thank you both for dedicating so much of your precious time to offering this invaluable service for mule-less slackers like me.
    Playing with you and being your patron has been a privilege. Congratulations on your ML graduations.
    Raising a honster to new beginnings! :heartbeat:Foxpat:heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    Thank you for bringing us the hot potshot shop in channels 8 and 2. Congratulations on the baby too! Hope the best to you all

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    8:05 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    You guys were goated. Thank you for all your work for the community <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. xBowtjuhNL

xBowtjuhNL Red Snail

Feb 13, 2021
    Male
    Marksman, Magician
    Hi Chris and Kiki + L.

Thank you so much for all your hard work and the great content we sadly almost never did (or did we?). Ill never forget our cwk and ht runs! I hope everything goes well for you and i cant wait for the next L. pic. Keep us up to date please!

Also MatthijsMatthijs the beginning of the shanaz/shneppie/renshaw potshops?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    They can use their regular characters to fill an fm

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Thanks all for the nice comments and for giving a warm farewell!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]