1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How is combo attack calculated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chew, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    1:50 PM
    Beginner
    I've been looking through old maplestory guides, and I haven't been able to find a formular that matches the damage I'm getting ingame.
    Can anyone provide me with a formula?

2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:50 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    have you checked the weapon defense of the monster too?

3. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Yes.

4. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:50 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
  5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    7:50 AM
    According to http://bbb.hidden-street.net/character/class/crusader
    @Max Level = Level 30: MP -35; Weapon attack +220% for 200 seconds, max combo counter 5

Which i'm assuming means that your your damage increases by 2.2x when you have max counters.

@ACA Max Level = Level 30: Damage + 30% , Max Combo counter 5 , Recharge 2 combo counter with success rate 60%.

Which i'm assuming stacks with Combo Attack making it 2.5x damage.

I've played heros before and having maxed ACA and non ACA is almost night and day.
    With less counters your damage is much lower, but reaches the 220% or 250% at capped out counters (5 or 10 depending on your level).

Generally as a hero, you rarely to never use Panic or Coma when bossing.
    It drops your stacks and makes your dish damage sooooo much weaker.

6. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    At lvl 30 combo attack is 140% damage not the 220% the game claims.
    At lvl 30 advanced combo attack is 190% attack, not the 250% the game claims.

Thats how it is right now, but I can't for the life of me find a formula that gets those results.

Is it possible to pull this code from the game?

EDIT:
    I believe I have found the right formula while screwing around in a spreadsheet:

Combo attack: orbs*(skill lvl*(8/30))/100
    Advanced Combo attack: 0,4+additional orbs*(skill lvl*(10/30))/100

Also you can find my calculator here.

EDIT 2:
    Hold onto your hats people, I figured out the complete formula, and it's god damn long
    MAX damage=((Max attack)*(1-0.01*if(Monster lvl-Character lvl>=0;Monster lvl-Character lvl;0))-Monster W. def*0.5)*Skill damage*(1+(if(orbs>5;5;orbs)*(Combo attack skill lvl*(8/10))/100+if(orbs<5;0;orbs-5)*(Advanced combo attack skill lvl*(10/10))/100))

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1