1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Archer How to avoid false damage autoban as BM

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Sucre, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:13 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I didn't know where to post this, so I guessed I might as well post it here although it's not much of a guide.

The problem

Bowmasters get autobanned while using hurricane and sharp eyes.

Why does it trigger autoban?

The autoban triggers when you are using hurricane during the moment that SE runs out. This is due to hurricane's fast attack. The attacks are so fast that there are some of them that hit the mob with SE damage soon after the buff ran out which causes the autoban to expect less damage. It expects crit damage to be without SE, but the damage you do is with SE and you get banned.

Why does it happen mostly during the first levels of BM?

The duration of SE is shorter, therefore more common to get banned since it's highly possible that you forget to rebuff. Personally, after I started paying attention because I realized it was this, I haven't got banned ever since level 122.

How did you find out?

I was using max SE from another BM to solo HHs faster and saw that it was almost running out when I started one. As not to waste damage, I avoided using my own low level SE until the max SE was completely gone. When it ran out, I instantly got banned because I was using hurricane. This proved to me that the ban isn't related to the level of SE, but to the duration of it.

I hope this helps all the low level BMs just like it helped me :p

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    3:13 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    solution: play a marksman, you still get SE so you are still relevant. #Gains #LegitSecure

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:13 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well this is a good report. I think all the server side has to do is pretend the SE lasted about .5 sec longer or something.

...I hope it doesn't autoban for going under expected damage. lol

4. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    9:13 AM
    Buffles
    Paladin
    You should also post this in Bug Reports too so GMs can look into it. A tweak to the auto-ban could fix this.

5. OP
    OP
    Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:13 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Kimberly, Noods, Clairvoyant, Gi and Bulba saw this thread, so they are aware

6. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    9:13 AM
    Buffles
    Paladin
    I know they can see this. It's just about formalizing it.