1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How well you know yourself?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by npfenix1, Aug 15, 2015.

1. npfenix1

npfenix1 Brown Teddy

May 18, 2015
    Male
    Under the bridge.
    3:20 PM
    *LURKING*
    Marauder
    I don't know how many of you have done this before.

It was really common in our elementary school. Teachers would often ask you to tell;
    One good thing about yourself - One bad thing about yourself.
    I thought it would be fun to now hear from people, around my age, what they consider as their cons/pros. I'm often stuck only to see the negatives about myself but obviously it's important to realize your strengths.

IAN: Say the thing(s) you consider you're confident with, can literally be anything.
    And then put right next to it the thing(s) you see you could improve at.
    (IAN = In A Nutshell)

I understand we're getting near the "comfort zone" here. If you feel like the information is too personal, don't feel obligated to post it. That's completely understandable/fine. I'm just personally interested and I don't mind sharing mine with everyone. These kind of things just don't come up if no one asks :p

We're all friends here, aye? [​IMG]

------------------------------
    Pro: I think I'm pretty relaxed (irl) and people find me easy to talk to. I always try to not take sides or be biased about something. I'm not quick to condemn something down before hearing the whole story. I'm also pretty decent at fishing, haven't done it in a while though Kappa

Con: I tend to get emotional. I have this problem where when I feel something's wrong I pretend it's not there but eventually I end up facing it anyway. So in the end that kind of "delaying of the inevitable" is just downright bad. I also make the worst decisions ever when I get moody, lol.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    2:20 PM
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    Pro: I'm quiet and relaxed, easy to hang out around (at least if you can handle my silences :p) If you suggest me one of the things you like I definitely try them out to see for myself and try to understand your opinion about it

Con: I'm too honest. Pretty much my whole school hates me because I say what I think and honestly cba to to give a crap about other people's opinion. So if someone is like "So what do you think of my clothes?" I'll just straight up say I don't like them or something. And of course they get offended by my opinion OnionWhatever

Am I doing it right?

• Like Like x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    npfenix1

npfenix1 Brown Teddy

May 18, 2015
    Male
    Under the bridge.
    3:20 PM
    *LURKING*
    Marauder
    Yush,
    you did it right! OnionPerfect
    6 pts to hufflepuff!

• Like Like x 2
  4. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Like everyone, I have my good and bad parts. I'll start with the bad, and then end with the good. Well, the bad would probably be that I dont always tend to listen to what the other person is saying or feeling, and I sometimes disregard feelings of others without noticing it. But when I do notice, I apologize and stop that right away. Other bad thing would be I dont really like too much company in general. I'm okay with having friends, especially good ones, but not that excited for hanging out all the time or things like that. I enjoy doing that, but dont go and look to do that all the time either. And well, the good, is that I am quite friendly in general, and I'm not stubborn. If someone had told me something and they insist, I wouldnt start a hours long argument about it or something. I know how to "give up" instead of fighting about trivial matters. And well another nice thing is, I am easy to get along with in general. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    1:20 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Pro: I'm friendly and easy to talk too. I enjoy sports a lot which makes it easier to get to know people who like the same thing, since sport is a very popular topic where I live ^^. I like almost anything and even if I don't, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Con: I tend to not give a fuck the instant someone pisses me off, by doing this I make bad decisions in that time. I care too much about people I don't even know well and end up getting hurt by caring too easily =]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    8:20 AM
    Great topic idea. I do this every now and then to figure out the things I want to change about myself.

Things I'm working on:
    I can be pretty judgmental.
    I walk into every situation with my guard up.
    I'm neurotic and I get stressed out easily by change or things that aren't exactly "my way".
    I have a hard time saying no.
    I don't like my body and I never had a healthy relationship with food.
    I struggle with time management.

Things I like about myself:
    I'm intelligent and hard-working.
    I have a lot of ambition.
    I'm a self-starter, self-teacher, and self-learner.
    I genuinely care about others.
    I'm finally starting to make decisions based on my wants and needs, instead of trying to please others.
    I'm dedicated to becoming a better person.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    You'll notice some things go both ways for me, meaning there's one thing about me that has both good and bad sides. I'll also include both actual skills/talents and more characteristic things...

Things I like about myself

• I have good reflexes and hand-eye coordination, as well a good sense for rhythm. I love anything to do with music and play a variety of instruments (none too good), and play rhythm games a lot, too. :p
    • I'm surprisingly intelligent (not actually very smart, though) and can learn easily without studying, just by doing, seeing or reading it once, MAYBE twice, and I won't forget.
    • I'm a perfectionist, so when I do something, I'll always strive to outperform the standard/others.
      • This comes with loving and being good at organising, managing or structuring things. I also put everything into statistics... Not sure if that's a good thing.
    • I'm not easily nervous.
    • If it's someone I care about, I'm capable of putting all my own desires, opinions, etc. aside to help the other.
    • I can put my emotions aside to make decisions and stay on a rational and logical level.
    Things I'm working on or want to improve
    • My intelligence often gets the better of me and I either see things as too easy and therefore not worth doing, or I look at simple things and make them unnecessarily hard.
    • I'm really clumsy and drop/break things too much, including myself (yet I work in a restaurant as waiter? Ironic.)
    • I'm a perfectionist, and whereas I tend to get better results, I also somewhat freak out when I make a mistake.
    • If I don't like you, I'll go bat shit crazy on you.
    • I also easily get really insecure about myself and what I do, so if someone comments on a mistake I make, I easily get really defensive and start making more mistakes (then triggering the above point... circle of death).
    • I'm often pretty pessimistic, which can be useful; I always want to avoid all problems, but this also means I have to find those problems and I do that a lot, too much.
    • I'm too fucking salty. LOL Gotta love that PJSalt
    ~_~

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:20 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Pros:
    I'm sexy
    and I know it

Being serious:
    I'm funny sometimes in a troll kind of way. I'm clever, friendly and can be a long time discussing topics in common with other people such as hobbies/studies/sports. I'm most of the time optimistic and mature
    Many times I've been asked if I am older than Franco because I sound/look much more mature than him.

Cons:
    I don't like when I am told I'm not right and it irritates me when people do it without any solid arguments. When meeting new people I tend to be rather shy
    but once you get to know me well, you wish I'd shut up for once OnionAnnoyed
    Finally, sometimes I joke on serious matters and it's not always pleasing for others.

Edit: I forgot a very important con
    I am extremely LAZY OnionDead

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I like this, it's very interesting to read and learn about others. Great idea OP!

So here's me,

What I like about myself:
    What I don't like but am trying to improve:
    There are things that are in both categories because I love and hate them for different reasons. I'm always striving to better myself and work on the things I hate. Though realistically we will always have things we dislike about ourselves. But I am happy with myself overall ^^

P.S. There are things that I've forgotten (currently at work using my phone) so I'll update it later.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Doesn't sound like a con to me, you are incorrect about yourself

Let's see:

Pros:
    -Relaxing non-serious person that do the things for fun, rather than always being so serious and boring
    -Mostly hard working
    -Like talk to people about the less common things, can talk to people for hours about specific subjects.
    -Honest about pretty much everything, don't mind sharing opinion on things*
    -Love help people to make them happy, doesn't matter where or who*

Cons:
    -*Sometimes too honest or blunt, especially blunt
    -*Sometimes want help too much; at places where I should not help (hi!)
    -English is not good enough to express my feeling/opinions sometimes, thus I mix words around
    -Something specific only some know about
    -Do not want take time to learn new things, so missing out on what my brain can offer

• Like Like x 5
  11. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    1:20 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Bae.

12. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Weird topic o-o, cool tho.

Pros:
    - I don't give a fuck.*
    - Most people seem to trust me for some reason, or want to open up to me.
    - I'm really easy to joke around with, and don't take anything that people say to heart.
    - If I really want something, or someone, that's the only thing in my sight.*
    - You can joke around with me about the most fucked up stuff, but also start talking about really deep, personal stuff the next minute.
    - I have manners. (our generation is getting super bad about manners, and I feel like the only people to blame is the last generation (parents))
    - I don't care whatsoever about what other people think about you, or what "clique" you're in. (I'll fuck with the "popular" kids in school, and the "nerdy" / "weird" kids in school)
    - I pretty much never get angry. (some of my closest friends have even said that they've never seen me angry lol)

Cons:
    - I don't give a fuck.*
    - I'm pretty shy to people that I feel intimidated about, or don't know. (been getting better about this tho, as I've been growing up)
    - I laugh way too much, and some people seem to take offense to this, or automatically think I'm high. (this shit happens way too much, I don't really care but it gets annoying after a while)
    - If I really want something, or someone, that's the only thing in my sight.*
    - I don't really have any idea about what I want to do with my life.
    - I can get pretty awkward in conversation if I don't know the people too well, or if I feel like the other people I'm talking to are judging me in the slightest.
    - I can be immature af, if I get to a point where I don't care whatsoever.
    - I'm lowkey super egotistic, and think that I'm better and more different than a lot of people. (pretty sure everyone has this issue tho)
    - I'm a complete pushover if I don't know you that well.
    - If I start feeling like our friendship is pointless, or find you annoying, I'll completely break you off.
    - I'm lazy af, if I don't care.
    - I talk really low and quiet, and people seem to not be able to hear me.
    - I tend to find myself telling pointless lies. (not as bad now, was horrible as a youngin)

• Like Like x 2