1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP bar flicker + DC at Zakum

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Luscious, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    10:29 PM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Description of the bug: I've had this happen four times now all during 3rd body phase of Zakum. During Zakum the boss HP bar will suddenly flicker invisible and visible and other graphical errors will happen like my character's body will flicker invisible and visible except for my face. Also inconsistently I can't use skills or items when the bug starts but sometimes I can. UI panels don't show up when opened and will inconsistently cause instant disconnect or graphical errors as shown in the pic. Even the disconnect is inconsistent with either booting me to login screen or just closing the client or giving an actual runtime-error program crash.

Look closely at the graphical errors over Zakum's body.

227c35619c8090d6c5aa02e12655afcb.png

^( ? __ ?)>

After disconnect to login screen. I didn't get a pic of the one time that I got the runtime-error but it's the typical message for C++ library runtime-error.

1730c45d0c3912795202d5ee1fc1ebc0.png

What is supposed to happen?: Normal Zakum with no dc.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: During Zakum.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Run build 22/1/2018 rev.2 in windowed mode from MapleLegendsWindowed.exe. Run Zakum to 3rd body and experience disconnect.

Extra information (optional): This has happened to me before and after the 22/1/2018 patch and before and after reinstalling a clean client. Other programs open at the time were Discord only.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:29 AM
    Moderator Post
    Using a NVIDIA graphics card?

3. OP
    OP
    Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Yes, I updated to the latest driver the other day. So this happened before and after latest drivers.

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Try boss Legends using your on-board gfx card instead of NVIDIA.

5. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:29 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    When it looks like that, you can usually fix it by gfxing. Even if you don't see it, you can still gfx, and after you do so most of the time that problem gets fixed. So next time it happens, hurry and gfx before you dc... :p

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  6. OP
    OP
    Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Will try that next time.

I actually tried doing that the first time it happened and that caused the runtime-error as soon as I tried opening the system options panel. None of the panels were visible either.

7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:29 AM
    No GFX :^)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I think you can flag this as resolved now. Poof suggested I check the client's Windows Compatibility setting and sure enough, it was set to run compatible with Windows 98 for some reason. I have no idea how that happened, but unchecking that box fixed all my problems. Haven't encountered the bug since.
    Capture.PNG

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  9. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    1:29 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    [​IMG]
    NVIDIA gcards too OP, you need potato gpu to run maple efficiently. Maplestory can't understand matrix concatenation.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is so annoying, but thanks for letting us know.

Basically, our installer does that because W98/ME mode gives less problems when it comes to consistency booting up the game on Windows 8 and above. There were problems before where people running 98/me mode have huge like spikes while doing the Kerning JQ, but this one is new.

I am going dig more into solutions so I can possibly remove the auto compatibility mode, I guess.

Can other people with the HP flicker problem (TaidaTaida ?) Confirm this solution if it also fixes it for you?