1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I got banned today.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hadaragam, Feb 13, 2018.

Is the ban justified?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2018.
  1. Should get banned

57.9%
  2. Should NOT get banned

42.1%
  1. Hadaragam

Hadaragam Blue Snail

Feb 12, 2018
    Male
    8:40 AM
    HODOR
    Assassin
    So im playing this game for about 2 weeks now and today i got banned.
    I was grinding today as i do normaly and my little brother wanted to play a little bit and try the game,
    so i said to myself why not??
    Then a couple of minuites later he told a gm that it's my account (idk why) and got me banned.
    I tried to explain to the gms here on the forums that im not sharing my account and do not have a partner playing on it, just my brother trying it out.
    But apparently the rules here are worst than nazi germany,
    so guys it was a fun game but im out, enjoy your time playing and dont talk with gms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    5:40 PM
    Bowmaster
    Letting someone other than yourself play on your account is still considered 'Account Sharing'. Even without ill intention, letting your brother 'try it out' still warrants you for account sharing because it's not 'you' playing on your account.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:40 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:40 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Not surprised. xD

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    1:40 PM
    JoeL
    Beginner
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:40 AM
    Moderator Post
    I don't know what's there to debate. The rules clearly state that each account is only controlled and owned by one person, which you've violated. It doesn't matter if its your dog or your pet or your little brother, its only one person per account.

Also, I don't know how old your little brother is, but if its below 13 years old than he's not even allowed to play due to legal laws in the US, which are applied on MapleLegends.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    1:40 AM
    Solstice
    Ban OhDoggoOhDoggo SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Kevoon

Kevoon Mano

Oct 1, 2017
    Kevoon
    In your couple minutes, he went to a GM and told them that he was playing on a account that he doesn't own? Seems unlikely tbh

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    5:40 PM
    Bowmaster
    No ples I am good doggo no ban :(

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    there is no love in this world, and valentines day is nearing

11. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    10:40 PM
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    What did he do, type @GM in the couple minutes he was on and say “I’m this guy’s brother this isn’t the account owner?”

hehe ecks dee.

12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    10:40 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Oh hey, this thread is still active and nobody set the record straight.

I remember this from a couple weeks back... He was KSing one of my mates in the alliance so a few of us banded together at GS2 to party with her because he clearly didn't understand what mapowner was and the GMs hadn't arrived yet. So there were 2 bishops, an I/L wizard, and a cleric all telling this dude that mapowner was a thing and that it didn't matter that he lost the map after dying.(Half an hour beforehand...) He was pretty toxic and told my mate that his guildmates would come and KS her out of the map, but ironically, only our friends came(And I really doubt his friends would have defended him because he didn't have mapowner)

He really didn't let up even when the GMs came and told him he was in the wrong. Still took 10 minutes of explaining by multiple GMs that mapowner was a thing and I believe they eventually took him to the prison where he told them he was breaking the rules in other ways too! They were going to let him off with a warning but that wasn't enough for him, he needed to clear his name so he made what was probably a lie: "Wasn't me, it was my brother". I doubt he was even account sharing, he just needed to separate himself from some shame and made it up on the spot without understanding all the rules. So why did he tell a GM he was account sharing? It's because he was embarrassed about the foolishness he had just been a part of. He could have walked away any time but he chose to dig his grave deeper and couldn't drop his pride. GG.

• Great Work Great Work x 3