1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Include islanders (anniversary event)

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Salt, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    4:11 PM
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Hi, my fellow islanders are very excited for the anniversary event but yet again islanders only got access to cosmetic items through the NPC Oz. Isn't this a bit lacklustre for a anniversary event? the most exciting event of the year? Even if you don't like islanders at least have mercy on their poor souls. Islanders are the first characters a new player meets and yet islanders are treated like doodoo.

Islanders was recently told they would be included more in events, yet this happened.

676798898999090.jpg

Please, add in the other event NPCs (Becky & Laura) so islanders can participate or add in storage so islanders can become self sustained without having to rely on events. We understand that adding extra NPCs, doing custom edits etc takes a lot of time and it might not be worth doing for 15 islanders but this is a damn anniversary event. So yea... please give us NPCs or STORAGE! FUCK eventlanding.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Isme

Isme Brown Teddy

Dec 21, 2020
    12:11 PM
    1sme
    Islander
    Yes, please

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    11:11 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    That was fast. LMAO

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. GreenOnyx

GreenOnyx Blue Snail

Feb 8, 2020
    8:11 AM
    "I'm gonna play a class, where the appeal is to be self-sufficient, limited, and cut off from the rest of the game; with a long, slow, but vanilla grind."
    Event happens:
    "WAH! Why are you not including us with the rest of the game?!"
    "WAH! Why can't you make it easier for me to be self-sufficient?!"
    "WAH! Why can't we get special equips that weren't meant for us?!"

God, I've been a lurker here for many years, and an islander off-and-on.
    These semi-annual threads are so lame and I don't blame the admins for not catering to this niche, whiny group.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Absalom

Absalom Red Snail

Mar 20, 2021
    Male
    3:11 PM
    FastAbs
    Islander, Cleric, Thief, Hermit
    SushiBar
    Please add those 2 NPCs in! TmT

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    We are allowed to cry! People cry when their jobs gets nerfed, let us be sad over missing out on the best event of the year! Buff islanders 2021! Storage! FoxSpy

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Why add 2 NPCs when we can add 1 & solve everything? :woot:

• Like Like x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    big true dude

• Like Like x 3
  9. GreenOnyx

GreenOnyx Blue Snail

Feb 8, 2020
    Just so you know, that wasn't directed at you or anybody in particular. No hard feelings. :]

My point is that threads like these have existed practically since legends opened up.
    An islander is generally more of a secondary, long-term character with virtually no access to the rest of the game (past events actually tarnished that meta, sadly.)
    If you want to participate in the event, make a main character and enjoy the game on them. Just my two cents.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    I don't want to main 4 mages... :( GMs pls let islanders have fun so we don't need to play mages... or wash. :shy: :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    What is an islander and what do they do?

12. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    they do what every other job does in this 2003 mushroom game, press 1 button to attack. Only difference... islanders stay on maple island. That's what I heard at least.

13. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    oh, jeez so its just pigs and mushroom grind?

and congrats on rank 1 in rankings, thats insane!

14. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    TQ only wasted a few years of my life, wish I lvled 4 mages to 200 instead tho to be honest, mesos = power.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    11:11 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    iirc xdra didnt wash his pally and had happily participated HTs and NTs :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    ehm, I'm not being serious MapleF12 I got other characters, been on and off since 2015. But yes, anything is possible and people should play what they enjoy!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    12:11 AM
    HI JONTE and my cute islanders
    not sure about the storage thing as kimmy mentioned but as old islander blood i will try to push for more eventful things (within the bounds of possibility) in the future.
    rn as you all know there were a lot of giant changes in general so its hard to factor everything in in one patch

also to everyone else:
    most islanders have offland characters, so pls no hate -- they r good people :shamemb:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    HI SERIN, sorry if I sounded rude in my suggestion. Staff should ofc prioritize bug fixes etc first to make sure the patch is working like intended. If anything can be done after those fixes, please consider adding the event NPCs to Amherst or maybe the cake map? Thank you for replying.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    12:11 AM
    Just double checked what the NPC's give and unfortunately the items that are given as rewards might throw off the integrity/balance of Maple Island in general (not specifically islanders but general players + population). I don't see this being a possible action at the moment. I understand the want to have more varieties of events for Anniversary itself; but at the same time I don't think it's wise to suddenly add certain items to the island especially as it wasn't intended at the moment.

I remember discussing with you/Chris/Justin on items that can possibly make things unfair for Islanders in the long run regarding 'non-genuine Maple Island' so I think for this event we will have to hold off. If you have any suggestions besides storage I'm open to listening (feel free to dm me on discord); but I can't 100% guarantee any acceptance/changes especially cause Islanders' tend to play mostly/only during events (dONT LIEeee). I suggest you guys make a group chat or something and come up with plausible events you would find enjoyable that Staff will be able to provide for you without having to recode things in it's entirety or make custom items especially knowing you guys can already 1 hit most things. I don't want to give you guys false hope at all so if it's deemed impossible I'll strike it down fast for you.

Also going back to the Anniversary event topic; I see there is currently no hair dresser NPC's for the hair/face coupons-- I think this can be implemented in Amherst without much issue so I will talk to the team about it and let you know!

• Like Like x 7
  20. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1