1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase Anniversary point weekly limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GunzGaming, Jun 12, 2021.

Should Weekly points cap be raised?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Other, please explain.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    4:31 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I know events do that, my response is just that saying "being forced into other parts of the game is healthy" is insinuating playing what you want to play is unhealthy which isn't true. In the end it is a video game where you come to have fun.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:31 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    What about removing the cap at the last week? YOLO

• Like Like x 1
  3. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    4:31 PM
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    What you are saying makes sense, but it really only applies to players who have only 1 character, when most players in this game have multiple characters, with each character optimised for specific content.
    Since this cap only applies per character, it doesn't make much sense to "force" each character to do certain content when each player is free to play however they want across all their characters.

For example, if I have a Night Lord optimised for bossing, and a Bishop for leeching, I'm going to prefer using the NL for Bossing points, and the Bishop for Farming/Grinding points. It does not make sense to "force" my NL to grind or my Bishop to fight bosses when I, as a player, can experience all content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    1:31 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I'm confused, can't you just use your NL for bossing points, and bishop for farming points? Which part of the game is forcing you to do certain content? FOMO?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    4:31 PM
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    The point cap for each section is doing that. The NL and Bishop can only get 250 points each doing contents they are optimised for and are "forced" to get the remaining 250 elsewhere.

If these caps for each category are meant to encourage players to play all content, they can (and should be able to) do so on each character: NL gets 500 from bossing, Bishop gets 500 from farming.
    I feel like I'm repeating myself: The part that doesn't make sense is that if this cap is to encourage PLAYERS to try all types of content, then why have caps tied to CHARACTERS? :confused:

That said, I understand that there is probably a very good reason the caps are tied to characters instead of players/accounts. It would be much harder to track and cap points for a single player, especially when many players have their many characters spread across multiple accounts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    10:31 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Everyone is fine at the event quests tho, so that solves the problem! Ta!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    4:31 AM
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    Just make a 2nd NL so you can get your 500 boss points a week

• Agree Agree x 1