1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase Cider Stack Count

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -ovv, Aug 15, 2022.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:38 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Now that attack pots have gotten rescaled in pricing, I think it could be appropriate to rebalance cider stack count so that inventory space can be a bit more manageable. With the latest changes to ammo and shadow star, it seems like the expected play now is to have secondary sets of stars/bullets for different functionalities. However, this now creates a bit of conflict where ammo + attack pots are now vying for space in your limited inventory.

In the past, making ciders stack to 3 made sense because they were so cheap and readily available. However, now that attack pot varieties have been rescaled through cost, I feel like the cons of inventory space could readjusted.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. SharpestEdge

SharpestEdge Slime

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    SharpestEdge, Celaeno, Adrastos
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I have no practical reason to object to this. However, I main a Hero so I (selfishly) don't want to see this change happen because I like it when people are happy to have me in their party and I don't want that to be minimized in any way. Please ovv this is all I have left.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just ask for better buffs with realistic numbers. :V

4. SharpestEdge

SharpestEdge Slime

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    SharpestEdge, Celaeno, Adrastos
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I've already tried that, both Lynux and Xiao have me blocked on all 20 of my discord accounts ;-;. Apparently suggesting the same buff 50 times a day is "not helpful" and "harassment". Some people just can't appreciate my dedication.

(/s BTW if it wasn't obvious)

5. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    6:38 AM
    Why not just use coke pills if the concern is inventory space? People were already making this tradeoff (carrying ciders for more WA or coke pills for more inventory space) before the patch.

6. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I was always a proponent of de-normalizing 20 attack as the standard attack pot buff in order to make conc/enrage/rage 'better'. However, with the increased costs of cider, I feel like a stack count increase to 4 or 5 would make sense, especially with its shorter duration. Players can decide to keep the 20 attack pot standard but it would cost them more mesos over time. Sure, you could say just take the L and have 5 less attack, but that just seems like an unnecessary regression at this point of the server, especially when things like caving really isn't a thing anymore.

For BMs, conc + cider seems more economical now.

7. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    8:38 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    cokepills still insanely cheap to use (in comparasion with ciders) while stacking too much, one inventory slot of cokepills can provide you 25 hours of 15 w.att, one inventory slot of ciders provide you 15 minutes of 20 w.att while costing 3 times more, i agree with ovv here, ciders definitely is going to fall alot in comparasion with cokepill without a slot buff, maybe increasing it to five slots is enough