1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase the range of Bucc's Snatch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jaewonnie, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    5:32 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    When it comes to bucc grinding, snatch is probably the best skill to use since it has no delay time (is spammable) and stacks nicely with stun mastery and SE. However, the base damage of snatch is relatively low compared to other attacks from cleave jobs (which hit 3-4 targets) so snatch's max damage potential comes from being able to hit 6 targets.

What I find frustrating though is that in end-game grind maps (read: 7F), due to Snatch's short range it is generally difficult to hit more than 4 mobs at once (especially on the right side). One could say why not use a rush skill (corkscrew blow/backspin blow) to group mobs together but Snatch is only available under Super Transform where bucc rush skills are unavailable. As a result, there's a lot of wasted time and XP repositioning and jumping around mobs to get a nice grouping of 4+. On the contrary, Dragon strike (untransformed mobbing skill) has really good range which makes it easy to hit multiple mobs without much reposition. The only problem with Dragon strike is that it's slow af.

It would be nice then to increase the range of Snatch so that it matches the range of Dragon strike. I believe this will only influence a Bucc's grinding potential and not cleave potential in bossing since their single target skills are superior in realistic situations (eg. HT main body). So I don't think it will make them OP in that regard. Even more ideally, another way to solve this problem is to allow all skills when Super Transformed so that Bucc's can rush+snatch properly but I heard this might be a v.62 limitation.

Anyway, I'd also like some input from other Bucc's that have both snatch and dragon strike maxed and see what they think about this idea.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    5:32 PM
    iPippy
    The issues that make snatch appear small are the deceptive range of the skill, and the downright MASSIVE range of dragon strike. The hook at the end of snatch's animation actually is not part of the attack range, so it can be difficult to get proper positioning sometimes.

Snatch has a decent range, but its range gets overshadowed by dragon strike both horizontally and vertically. Dragon strike is capable of hitting 3 heads at once in HT, so making snatch match that range adds that extra consideration to the mix as well. Generally, the biggest problem I noticed with snatch is the lack of vertical range. The range is almost quite literally the height of the tether. I went back to 7f recently and see that there's now a fish on the right side that is spawned even higher up than it was before, so there's no way for the move to land there now. On the left side, the shelving meant that it was always dragon strike's vertical range that wins out.

If the goal is to make snatch an easier to use tool, I'd first suggest a better vertical range and maybe even ability to use in the air. Jump cast is a thing any bucc should know how to do (and is definitely useful with snatch too), but it still considers you grounded for purposes of where the attack originates. And even then, I cant be certain these changes are needed. Snatch is a pretty great skill as is.

• Like Like x 1