1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Info] Comparing Boss HP vs Experience Gained

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mageor, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    5:39 PM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    With all the talks about
    DPM DPM DPM
    I got curious (and also felt the need to procrastinate) on why certain bosses are preferred over other. Obviously there's a lot of factors (ex. Boss level, difficulty, experience, drops, ease of access, fun with friends...), so I decided to narrow it down to 3 factors: boss level, difficulty, experience.

So why these 3 factors:
    • Boss Level - it is without a doubt that not receiving experience sucks, not to mention the x damage reduction you undergo while being y levels below a boss.
    • Difficulty (aka Boss Health) - There's a lot of variables that contributes to a difficulty of a boss, there's survivability, time limitation, game mechanics, boss health, and more. Of all these, I decided to focus on the boss health. Although there are some unavoidable factors that drags on the process of whittling down a boss (ex. Weapon/Magic Cancels, Damage Reflection, seduce). I wanted to keep it simple.
    • Experience - Experience is a core factor of the game, there can never be too little of this. I could explain more but I figure you most likely already know why.

• Expedition - A journey undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, in this case to defeat all the bosses to gain experience and precious loots.

So here's the data spreadsheet I conjured up. Basically composed of all expedition bosses currently available in MapleLegends. I didn't include zone bosses but it wouldn't be too hard of a task to include it.

Below are two plots:

Level vs Boss HP:Exp
    [​IMG]

Level vs Expedition HP:Exp
    [​IMG]

I hope this data proves you well. If you pay attention to everything, Papulatus seems to give the best HP to Exp ratio. Happy mapling all.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Imberos

Imberos Horny Mushroom

Nov 20, 2018
    3:39 AM
    Liffon
    Priest
    I have found this data really interesting! there are some mistakes with naming at your datasheet (found targa named as scarlion and nibergen as verga)

I made another plot, in my opinion important:

steGraph.JPG

As you've said - its important to remember some bosses are easier than others like Krex is easier than Zak so there are more factors to take into consideration.

I may make some more if i have more time, feel free to ask for specific ones you would like to see / supply extra data you want!

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1