1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Insert "Map rules" Into Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kaiser, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Blue Snail

Apr 13, 2015
    3:16 AM
    So I am a returning player from GMS, circa 2011. I recently received this message from Serin in-game stating I had one more warning until I'll be banned for not respecting "someone's map".

I thought this was a laughable joke until I continued to finish the message. Then I thought,"What in the god damn?".

This how the event went:
    I just created my account, and I just completed my job advancement to warrior. Go West of Perion two maps over, and I kill some stumps and snails; however, a level 120+ Bishop spams "cc pls". This is all while I was in the process continuing to the north portal of the map, which I proceed to enter.

After leveling in that map, I return to the same map the Bishop was in and kill 4 stumps. He then spams "cc pls" but this time "I have manpower". Roger that, I move back to Perion but I am berated with insults through whispers about how I'm an "inconsiderate ass" and a "dipshit" for killing those stumps.

Now if you reflect on this situation, how in the heck would you expect any new player to react to this? Also, the player reported me before he even explained the whole situation. I received a message from Serin today saying I HAVE ONE MORE WARNING LEFT BEFORE I'M BANNED.

Someone reassure me this is the most asinine thing in the world, and that I'm not taking crazy pills. Add in an NPC at the beginning explaining these map "rules". It's broken and can be abused easily, just as this situation.

2. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    7:16 PM
    Hi again!
    Please note that the game you are currently playing is MapleLegends, not GMS.

When installing and creating an account on MapleLegends, you have multiple instances to read our Terms of Service.
    It does not matter if you read them or not, the fact is that you have accepted our ToS when registering, thus agreed to the terms.

You mentioned you were a "returning player", in which I thought you meant Legends, thus I gave you a warning instead of a ban, but I see now you meant another completely different game/server.

Please take this opportunity to read through the MapleLegends Terms of Service here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/terms-conditions.2001/
    Or here for more information on Mapownership: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/31939/

Thank you and happy mapling! :3

3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:01 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    So sorry you had a bad experience right off the bat ;(

4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    If you screenshot those whispers, you can report it to the GMs. Even if you are violating the ToS, I don't think you should face that kind of verbal abuse.

5. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    7:16 PM
    Hi again!
    As Annolis mentioned, if you have screenshots of the other player harassing you via whispers, that is also a bannable offense under Harassment.
    Staff works with the evidence we are given, so please feel free to send it our way through the Report Abuse section of the forums if you find it necessary.

Also, as this is in the suggestions thread and you mentioned a suggestion of adding an NPC to Maple Island; I would like to let you know that we have already discussed some methods to introduce Mapownership into the earlier aspects of the game, though we cannot give an ETA as of the moment of when it will be implemented.

I apologize for the inconvenience if you felt unjust about the incident, however our rules are here to protect all of our players (including you), so I hope you can respect/understand that. ^^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Bro this story is so whack man, sorry you had to deal with some cringe bishop right off the bat tryna get a new player banned. But yea, like other people said you should take a peep at the TOS so stuff like this doesn't happen again, I guess some people are sensitive about level 10 warrior hitting some stumps, but i promise most of the Legends player isn't like that =/.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Ahh yes, the righteous, report happy bishop. So smug in their dismissal of all nuance, you hear them emit their territorial grunts at anything passing by - "cc please" and "I have mapowner". A rare marvel in the wild, and especially dangerous when they are nursing their baby egos. They must show their teeth at any signs of aggression, and use the full power of the report button at the smallest inconvenience. And as nightfall comes, they begin to nest and think about how right they were to ruin some random new players session, as that new player had clearly started it and deserved their fury. He sleeps soundly, justified in his ways, completely ignorant to the fact that he is a complete dickhead.

Next time, on Planet MapleLegends: We explore the depths of the FM to to catch a glimpse at the rare gambling addict.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    6:16 PM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Once you enter the real world, this is nothing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1