1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing and playing MapleLegendsHD in Debian 11 (Bullseye)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ONASSIS, Sep 1, 2021.

1. ONASSIS

ONASSIS Mushmom

Oct 9, 2019
    Male
    9:13 AM
    cojs
    Bowman
    Installing Wine to play MapleLegendsHD in Debian 11

Must have MapleLegendsHD windows version and some files from Mac version, they will be provided.

These set of instructions are for Debian 11 (Bullseye) done on a clean installation , since Debian is a little more difficult than Ubuntu, you must know what you are doing.

Step 1: using terminal First install wine from wineHQ webpage, according to its instructions:

If your system is 64 bit, enable 32 bit architecture (if you haven't already):

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

no message will be shown, just the cursor will blink normally.

Download and add the repository key:

wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/winehq.key
    sudo apt-key add winehq.key

Add the repository to /etc/apt/sources.list or create a *.list under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ with the following content: you can do it by typing:
    sudo nano /
    etc/apt/sources.list

and press enter, a text windows will come up, add the line shown below, and press control + o to save and then control + x to exit

deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian/ bullseye main
    deb-src https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian/ bullseye main

it will look like these:
    upload_2021-9-1_0-51-41.png

update packages

sudo apt update

then install stable package:

sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable

winetricks will be provided as an archive in the patches folder, since it won’t be installed from repository itself, to run it you must extract it wherever you want, and open that location from terminal and type:
    $chmod +x winetricks (just once)
    $./winetricks

Step 2: very important

Now we need to install DLL files in order to get Maple to work.
    Once wine and winetricks are done installing, do this in terminal:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine winecfg

and select compatibility with Windows 98 , then go to graphics tab, tick Emulate a virtual desktop, set 800 x 600, apply and accept. After this, a folder named .wine will be created in Home directory, be sure show hidden files is activated, in order you can see this types of files.

Now once that is done creating your wine prefix run:

winetricks (check instructions above)

Inside winetricks select the default wine prefix->Install a Windows DLL or component.

d3dx11_42
    d3dx11_43
    d3dx9_39

d3dx9_42
    d3dx9_43
    vcrun6sp6

then select install a font, and select core fonts, and wait until it finishes

This all should take a little bit but not too long.

Step 3: time to copy and paste, you can use graphical folder manager if you feel comfortable

copy and paste your MapleLegendsHD (windows version) folder to ~/.wine/drive_c

now you must replace some files in MapleLegendsHD folder and in system32 folder, these files can be downloaded from here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yg73elvo6rpqcwp/MapleLegendsHDPatches.zip/file

from system32 folder copy

ws2_32.dll and ws2help.dll go to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32

maybe you will find another ws2_32.dll file, just replace it

now, from MapleLegendsHD folder copy or cut these files shown below to ~/.wine/drive_c/MapleLegendsHD, replace all files

- ijl15.dll

- MapleLegends.exe

- PCOM.dll

- Sound_DX8.dll

After all these steps you must be ready to play, double click MapleLegendsHD.exe , be patient, it takes its time to run, remember that it is not intended to run in another operating system but windows.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:13 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    For step 3, the same files will not work when a new update comes.

When that happens, download the mac's client, extract their MapleLegendsHD files, and run from there instead.

For winetricks, I have not tried with the latest client, but the past clients I was to run with only a vcrun6sp6, without the d3dx stuffs and core font. Not sure if it still works with the latest client or not, but thought might be worth a mention.

The distro probably don't matter but, I was running it on linux mint 20

3. OP
    OP
    ONASSIS

ONASSIS Mushmom

Oct 9, 2019
    Male
    9:13 AM
    cojs
    Bowman
    Thanks for remember me that, some distros have a different set of steps, but I have succeeded on the ones I've tried, I will edit the things you have recommended

• Friendly Friendly x 1