1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Peach Monke Leech! An alternative to GS2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whatdatoast, Mar 2, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    5:38 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Made some new chars to test out the new suggested leech spots. This was split leech with a lvl 120 i/l mage using a hs mule.

Here's the catch - I did this at first without using my ult and used Thunder Bolt instead just because the map seemed small enough. This might open up doors for 3rd job mages to sell low level leech once they have booster.

EPM 2 test on split leech using Ult
    upload_2021-3-9_1-14-47.png

EPM 2 test on split leech using thunder bolt & booster
    upload_2021-3-9_1-15-20.png

EPM 2 test on split leech using ice strike & booster
    upload_2021-3-9_1-27-0.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    8:38 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    You can do something similar with bishops at Jr. Wraith/wraiths. Heal is the fastest mage skill in the game so telecasting and spamming heal, I found, has comparable Eph to ulting. But it more mechanically involved and I think most would prefer to just take the pot drain and spam gen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Do you know how that compares to wraith split leech? It seems better.

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'll continue to log my progress while I have the means to test it. If you guys have any other maps you want me to test out within this level range, let me know and I'll try it out.

Edit: Forgot to mention that all of these numbers are during event exp rates.

Sky Forest: The Train (Porky Leech - Levels 41+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 120 I/L & lvl 41 split leechers (with HS Mule)
    upload_2021-3-10_14-31-52.png
    Btw, decent amount of dex ores here.
    _
    Kerning City Subway: Line 1 <Area 4> (Wraiths Leech - Levels 43+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 120 I/L & lvl 43 split leechers (with HS mule)
    upload_2021-3-10_21-39-12.png
    _
    Mu Lung: Practice Field: Advanced Level (Wooden Target Dummy Leech - Levels 46+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 120 I/L & lvl 46 split leechers (with HS mule)
    upload_2021-3-11_1-49-16.png

NGL kind of sad this one didn't pan out to be a better spot than Wraiths. The spawn count is nice and the new portal additions are pretty good, but the map is just too big so that you don't get enough mobs in each ult cast. I tried different rotation optimizations but even an EPM 1 test didn't cap out higher than 11.1k epm, so I think we can scrap this spot for leeching.
    --
    Zipangu: The Secret Spa (Red Slimes - Levels 50+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 121 I/L & lvl 51 split leechers (with HS mule)
    upload_2021-3-12_2-0-33.png

Just leaving this here for reference as it's the bridge between wraiths and peach monkeys.
    --
    Singapore: Ghost Ship 1 (Pac Pinky - Levels 53+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 121 I/L & lvl 53 split leechers (with HS mule)
    upload_2021-3-12_11-12-19.png
    Also really convenient for I/L to leech here since they can easily clear with Ice Strike.
    --
    Mu Lung: Peach Farm 1 (Peach Monkey - Levels 57+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 121 I/L & lvl 57 split leechers (with HS mule)
    upload_2021-3-13_3-15-42.png
    --
    Mu Lung: Peach Farm 1 (Peach Monkey - Level 64)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 122 I/L & lvl 64 split leechers (with HS mule)
    [​IMG]
    Added this to show difference of leech rate from lvl 57 to lvl 64.
    --
    Crimsonwood: Lower Ascent (Windraider - Level 65+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 122 I/L & lvl 65 split leechers (with HS mule)
    upload_2021-3-17_0-53-5.png
    --
    NLC: Wolf Spider Cavern (Wolf Spiders - Level 75+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 125 I/L & lvl 79 split leechers (with HS mule)
    upload_2021-3-19_15-20-20.png
    --
    Malaysia: Fantasy Theme Park 3 (Vikerolas - Level 82+)
    EPM 5 test with duo mage (level 126 I/L & 188 bishop) & lvl 84 split leechers
    upload_2021-3-23_12-14-25.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    I'd definitely love to see an off-meta leech guide/map list topic started if you guys want to do it. A lot of it is for "selfish" reasons of going to areas where you can relax and leech on your own schedule without looking over your shoulder to see if people are gonna steal your channel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    Tried party grinding here in a trio format on baskets. Not sure how this compares for maps around this level. Note: Unwashed sin with 0 base INT and MW20, weak 2 hit kills and strong 3 hit kills.
    Blue was a 5x spearman, and yellow was a 5x brawler. Pretty enjoyable map to train on with an endless supply a mobs to hit :)

Sorry for the resolution

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    After spending about 5 hours at peach monkeys leech (lvls 57-65), here's the final result.
    Here's the updated numbers:

Mu Lung: Peach Farm 1 (Peach Monkey - Levels 57+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 122 I/L & lvl 64 split leechers (with HS mule)
    upload_2021-3-16_13-8-15.png

I'm not sure if the EXP increased due to the leechers gaining in level and closing the level gap, or if my rotation just got cleaner. Probably a bit of both.

I opted to not loot during the EPM 5 test and rebuffed HS (adding/removing party) mid-Blizzard cast under the rope as displayed here:
    upload_2021-3-16_13-10-39.png

Pretty good stuff.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Wow that's awesome! I think gs2 split leech is around 1.4-1.5m eph (can someone confirm?), so this map is definitely viable. I feel like you might be able to get a little higher on a bishop too (with faster gen cast time and no HS rebuff). Thanks for testing it out!

Time to spread the word :greedy:. At the very least, leechees could buy from both to try to complete more card sets :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Yep yep. Definitely a nice alternative, especially if you are self-leeching on your own time. Managed to get Reindeer and Peach Monkey card sets for 7 characters in that time. The best part was being able to leech for 10-15 minutes at a time whenever I felt like it since I never had to look for a free map.

The main downside is that the drop rates for equips seems to be lower than GS, and the mobs here don't drop any crystal ores that you can resell.

In terms of gach - I got about 24 common gach and 1 rare gach.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    "Self leeching on your own time" - Those are magical words to me.. WE really need to find more spots like this so people with busy lives can just hop in and out for self leeching and not worry about weird times of day for the server population to be the lowest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:38 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This is perfect, I'm actually in the midst of creating a Bishop which will still take a while as I'll be washing early so pausing it for a bit once I hit 70 this week. but definitely looking forward to this place opposed to the always full GS2.

But I surely will give you all some extensive EPH split once a 120 bishop is giving the leech

• Like Like x 2
  12. anderskf

anderskf Blue Snail

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    2:38 PM
    BustyBroad
    Night Lord
    That's a really high EPH! When I split leech two lvl 59s with my lvl 148 bishop, they get around 1 mil EPH. Can you please explain your rotation in detail? :happy: Or is it due to the higher level gap? It just seems a bit off if that explains a difference of around 50%.

13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2021-3-17_9-35-22.png

You basically use the three platforms in the middle.
    Make sure you're doing your rotation at the start of each spawn, so the first cast should be just one to set the spawn rate.

Cast points are over the rope on left side and underneath rope on right side. You'll get a feeling once you do a few rotations so that you hit most mobs in each ult cast.

Rotation goes as follows:
    Ult at point 1, teleport, jump onto first platform, teleport onto 3rd platform, jump off and buffer teleport, ult at point 2.

Jumping off the platform is an optimization that ensures you don't fall down unless a monkey/reindeer jumps at the same time as you. If you don't jump, your momentum can get stopped as you get hit and you'll fall down.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    After the first cast on each side, I also wait for respawn then cast ult again. The rotation is very similar to ulu2, so you get 2 ults on each side.

• Like Like x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Does anybody know what good CDs Leech EPH should be? I moved my nibbos to test EPH at level 69 and then again at 70, but my EPM 1 tests aren't topping out past 3m, which is what I got for an EPM 5 test at Windraiders. I'm guessing this is in part due to limitations being an I/L, so CDs might be a bishop only leech spot.

Edit:

I decided to move back to WR because it was way more consistent for me, I need DEX ores, and it's basically always empty. Will be here till 75 where I will move to Wolf Spiders with sweeper. :^)
    Crimsonwood: Lower Ascent (Windraiders - Lvl 65+)
    EPM 5 test with lvl 123 I/L and lvl 70 split leechers (with HS Mule)
    upload_2021-3-18_13-30-13.png

Edit2:

Looks like Windraider leech just gets faster and faster...
    upload_2021-3-19_2-17-13.png

Edit3:

Oi, I'm a fool. I thought CDs were lvl 70+ which was why I was yielding such a low EPH. Will test out now...at lvl 74.