1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Medium Jiaoceng glitched

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Eighty, May 18, 2020.

1. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:11 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Jiaoceng does more damage than it should. It did 22k to my bishop guildie. It did 17k to an NL. I have died multiple times when zerking even though I am hugging it and my hp is constantly above 7k.
    What is supposed to happen?:It is not supposed to 1hko everyone.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: I have noticed that this happens when my paladin guildie is on the run. It might have something to do with threaten or something elemental.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): No clue. Have a DrK and paladin and have the paladin cast all his skills?
    Extra information (optional):

2. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    8:26 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Do you happen to have a video of this happening?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I don’t have a video. But my paladin friend went on 4 runs without casualties of this bug.
    He stopped using threaten. I don’t know if this is the cause of this bug but this seemed to help.

Another buddy who duos with her paladin friend also has noticed this bug and was glad to know that it was not a skill issue or pet not autopotting. We’re simply being 1hko.

4. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    9:26 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I have noticed this too. I've asked in discord and have been told he sometimes does damage upwards of 12k, but unless he only uses this once on one character per run, seems suspect to me. I can be watching my hp very carefully for manual pot while having autopot on as additional safety net, and not standing near anywhere of the traps, but can still get 1hko. Might be worth investigating?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    He has always had a skill that did 11.5k damage. But it was avoidable most of the time by banging it constantly. However, here the damage is 1hko basically. 22k and 17k?! Something is wrong somewhere.

6. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    I'm asking for a video because Jiaoceng also have an attack that brings your HP down to 1. I wanted to be sure that its not that attack that people are mistaking from, as well as making it easier for me to see which attack in particular are causing the issue.

Personally, I've ran jiaoceng for 50+ times already and never really had an issue like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    JC doesn’t show up on the boss history but I think I’ve done JC more than 50 times too. I’m aware of the possibility of it being 1/1.

However, I’m reporting this after 7 personal consecutive deaths in 4 runs and I was just confused.

My suspicions were confirmed after my bishop received 22k damage and the NL getting 17k.

And neither of them have that much HP as 1/1 shows their current HP - 1

As for a video, I’m sorry but I can’t provide it as I’ve wasted so many charms already. And my guild mates would rather not waste a run.

I’ll try to make video but it may not happen as we’ve stopped using threaten at JC.

8. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    Bump.
    I seem to die regularly when I JC. I am usually aware of when my autopot fails and usually react fast to pot, but it seems that whenever I die, I die from a 1hko attack. My HP is at 9.9k. This never happens when I am on my warrior actually tanking JC's body and exclusively only happens whenever I am ranged

Edit: Will try to capture a video in the future

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    9:26 AM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    For this specific case, I believe Jiaoceng actually does have a rare attack that does over 10k dmg, hence you're not at a safe HP threshold yet. But this doesn't apply to the original post.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    Oh that's good to know Thank you!