1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 lagging/disconnecting after 10 minutes

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Kawaiitea, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Kawaiitea

Kawaiitea Snail

Jun 9, 2019
    Female
    11:26 PM
    Kawaiitea
    Magician
    I keep having this issue when I log in, I'm fine for a few minutes but eventually everyone stops moving, I cant see chats, I cant go into the cash shop, I cant talk to npcs or change channels or teleport to another map...but I can still move my character and if I type, people can still see my messages. Eventually I get disconnected. I cant play the game like this :(

More specifically I think something is blocking maplelegends from communicating to the internet after 10 ish minutes, network monitor on the windows resource monitor shows all communications for ML drops to 0 afterwards.
    I've created exceptions for it on my antivirus and my windows security settings , as well as turned off my firewall and antivirus entirely, nothing has seemed to fix it.

I know its not my internet, as my boyfriend plays on his mac in the same room on the same WiFi as me with no issues.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times now in hopes of resolving the issue to no luck.
    Hoping to find some help here, Thank you!

2. vuluc88

vuluc88 Slime

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    1:26 PM
    Kinigiri
    I/L Wizard
    yeah i got the same problem too. Didn't count it but seems about around 10-20 mins, it's sure d/c.
    Running on Win10, windowed mode.

3. vuluc88

vuluc88 Slime

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    Kinigiri
    I/L Wizard
    don't know if this really help nexoncommunitytech.fandom.com/wiki/MapleStory_disconnecting_durring_first_few_minutes_of_play
    1. In the start menu search bar, type "cmd" "cmd.exe" should be one of the first things on the list to appear.
    2. Right Click "cmd.exe" and select "Run as administrator" The command prompt window should now appear with administrator privledges
    3. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press "Enter" on your keyboard
    4. Then type "netsh winsock reset" and press "Enter" on your keyboard
    5. Reboot your PC.
    in my case, it does improve... from around 15 mins d/c to around 25-30 mins d/c

4. vuluc88

vuluc88 Slime

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    Kinigiri
    I/L Wizard
    On the updating behavior:
    - It's fricking annoying. I just jump Kerning B2, when i go to the top, it's d/c like a schedule with me not yet to complete the quest. So I have to jump again, as quick as i can like a time attack game lolz.
    - Also find out, when i just left my account like that (even in the mobs map) and stand still, it never d/c (at least for 2 hours and more). But if I go around hunting, it will d/c like a schedule after 20-25 mins

5. vuluc88

vuluc88 Slime

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    Kinigiri
    I/L Wizard
    And... yesterday i play on MAC, it's ok all along. So at least this seems to be only some windows problem