1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leveling Up Battleship Does not Increase Cool Down~

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bobbykimchee, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    2:03 PM
    I just wanted to make a suggestion that GMS had implemented around v75. Although it is a little higher version than v62, the cool down increasing directly proportional to the level of battleship makes almost no sense. There is no other skill in Maplestory that has this; most skill cool downs are inversely proportional with the level of the skill. This makes sense because you should be rewarded for investing points into a skill, not punished. Sure the increase in HP is nice, but during bosses, some attacks are impossible to predict, and you WILL get hit while mounted.

Corsairs are known for their DPS. In many DPS charts, sairs are tied, if not better, than NLs. But what most people don't realize is. that this is only true under almost perfect conditions, to the point where both characters are standing still, and are uninterrupted through the whole fight. Because of this misconceived notion, I feel as if sairs receive the short end of the stick when they are expected to dish out damage, because in reality, their DPS is significantly hindered by broken boats, re-posititioning, and re-mounting (if unmounted in time).

Leaving the cool down at 90 seconds at level 10 won't completely disrupt the mechanics of a corsair, for boats will still break. But this allows corsairs to have peace of mind, and not consistently mount and dismount, losing precious time to deal damage.

Thanks for reading my rant! I just wrote this after getting destroyed by a boss so please excuse any rage or anger that you may sense from this post, for it is purely unintentional.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    2:03 AM
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    Or you could just level enough which will give your ship quite alot of hp f3

3. Richard

Richard Pink Teddy

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    Pirate's Bay
    8:03 PM
    Colt
    Corsair
    Demure
    What he said^^. I kind of like the constant re-mounting mechanism

4. Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    Also leveling up the battleship skill doesn't add that much HP, so you'll have to dismount anyway, which actually doesn't lose you that much time if you time it perfectly.

5. OP
    OP
    Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    The amount of hp given is very decieving for getting hit by a couple 1/1s with HB on can be fatal. Properly hp washed sairs (5.6k base) have about 8.9k hp with hb and getting hit by 1/1s basically eat up a tenth of your ships hp (possibly more).

Remounting will still be a valid technique, because there are some skills that are telegraphed. Its just those hard-hitting, sporadic attacks that are troublesome.

Another point I'd like to make is that implementing this literally only affects corsairs, and in a good way. It doesn't really hinder or disrupt the play style of others, and actually may work to party's favors. Corsairs bring nothing to the table other than "hypothetical" DPS /:

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    Like I said, there are some attacks you cant predict. And it doesnt add THAT much HP, but any extra HP for the boat is definitely a plus. I just dont see why we should get punished in terms of hp to cool down ration for leveling up our skills.

7. Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    The only hits you can't predict is some 1/1's at HT as far as I know, Zakum is pretty easy to dodge after practising it a few runs.
    And yeah it makes no sense that the cooldown goes up, but that's why we just keep it at level 1. It is horrible at early levels to have such low hp, but Sairs are supposed to shine late game, like REALLY late game.