1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lower Reverse Item Level Req to 140 (and other potential Reverse/Timeless changes)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bienfu, Sep 15, 2022.

1. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    1:29 PM
    secondpink
    Beginner
    I feel like a lvl 150 requirement is pretty stringent for items that aren't best in slot and the difference between 110/115 to 150 is pretty daunting. I've always thought these items were super cool and were excited for them to be ML but I feel like it could be better tuned for more players without breaking the meta.

I understand the need to differentiate them from NT and Dragon weapons so I feel like a lvl difference of 115/110 and 140 is still pretty solid enough. A bit easier to attain and possibly motivate more players to level up because its easier to attain. TL items being better should maintain their level difference compared to Reverse.

Reverse items, despite their good stats, have less value because of their very high lvl requirement. Reducing the heavy requirement might increase their value in the market.

Some changes I would like to see and hope they're reasonable and maybe some or none or all may be contemplated-

1. Lower Reverse item level req to 140
    2. Restrict Reverse/TL item crafting to minimum lvl 100 of the same class (only lvl 100 thieves can craft Reverse/TL Thief items, beginners cant craft, and mages cant craft other whatever- this would prevent multimage farmers from being able to craft everything without investing into each class and its the same kind of equivalent restriction as Maker skill)
    3. Revamp Reverse/Timeless Helmets - It would be cool to see these lvl 140,150 helmets be put to good use and be on par with current end-game items, maybe 15/15 or 17/17 of the 2 core stats (warrior/bucc STR dex, Thief Dex/Luk, etc) with very high defense values (500 or 600 or 700 defense). And it would be nice that if they dropped from PB its not just... like NPC or PoT fodder lol.
    4. Probably not likely, but maybe allowing Diamonds/Black Crystals to be used in crafting, they could prevent the lower end of WA rolls
    5. Add a Str/Dex/Luk/Int bonus for weapons
    6. Increase the HP of Oblivion mobs and increase the drop rate of PoT by a greater proportion (though I have no idea how the current drop rates are from ToT monster to monster): this could hopefully create a niche for nonmage players to be able to farm here

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2