1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh MacOS Ventura won't open the game

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Midas21, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Midas21

Midas21 Red Snail

Oct 27, 2023
    6:49 PM
    Hi! I've tried to install the game using the step-by-step provided. I've even tried the latest version of CrossOver (23?) but when I click the game to open NOTHING HAPPENS. I've tried all the troubleshooting solutions but it just won't work. Can anyone help me, please?

2. OP
    OP
    Midas21

Midas21 Red Snail

Oct 27, 2023
    Client: Crossover 23
    MacOS version: Ventura 13.4.2 (2023 MacBook Pro M2 Max)
    Describe the error: Icon pops up in Dock and disappears again. Nothing happens.

3. MGTOWMONEY

MGTOWMONEY Orange Mushroom

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    11:49 AM
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    I don't think there is a reliable way to get ML working on a M2 mac on crossover (M1/monterey mac might work).
    I have a M2 Macbook air, and I have tried everything to get it working on crossover with no success. The reason it doesn't launch is due to a resolution issue. You need to download another software to enable support for 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution on the mac. Even if it launches, the game crashes during character selection (occasionally like 1/5 time you are able to get in game). I don't think there is any known solution (I have tried and searched extensively).

I am running ML on Parallels Desktop with no major issues. Occasionally things get laggy in certain maps or a lot of loot on the ground (I only have the 8 gb unified memory). You will have to use Parallels.

4. OP
    OP
    Midas21

Midas21 Red Snail

Oct 27, 2023
    Thanks so much for your reply. Will using Parallels affect my laptop's CPU speed at all? I'm a professional photographer and need to be able to run heavy Adobe software without delay.

5. MGTOWMONEY

MGTOWMONEY Orange Mushroom

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    11:49 AM
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    Considering you are using the 2023 MacBook Pro M2 Max, I don't think it will affect your CPU speed much. Should be no problem, unless you are running some serious serious stuff on adobe, which then you should probably just close parallels/ML.