1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make AP Reset (Event) refundable in future events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kyw101, Jul 22, 2021.

1. kyw101

kyw101 Red Snail

Jul 12, 2021
    10:26 PM
    Just to make it clear, this is assuming that AP Resets (Event) will be implemented again in future events. If they are not, this thread can be ignored.

We players are used to having every AP Resets transferable via cash shop for the past 6 years. So introducing these AP Resets (Event) non-transferable via cash shop in my opinion is a HUGE change for all. This of course can lead to players buying them on their secondary characters just like they did for any other previous events, only to find that they have wasted their precious points.

Here are the pictures comparing two AP Resets:

apreset.PNG apresetevent.PNG

I think the description under AP Reset (Event) is misleading since I don't think a transfer via cash shop is trading (trading is done between two different people, not between oneself). Instead it's more like transferring. More accurate description should be "not transferable via cash shop" or something along that line. Normal AP Resets by themselves are untradeable as well.

I know that refunding or partially refunding of event cash items is rarely done, but it was done in the past (e.g. shaved ice hats).

I think making AP Resets (Event) refundable should be done because introducing them after all this time is such a huge change and can lead to accidental purchases so easily among players. Adding a backup plan to salvage event points seems fair in my opinion.

On a side note, other event cash items should remain not refundable since they are not misleading like newly added AP Resets (Event), maybe except event pets.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    4:26 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I think it should have been specified in the main post that announced the event, but they did mention it further down the road and so it's not like it was completely unknown. Although could have been communicated better perhaps.

upload_2021-7-23_0-11-59.png

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:26 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    "aw man I can't read, give me refund"

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    7:26 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    People use multiple accounts one attacker/mage/mule for each account you get free NX for any account you're able to vote on so why is a transferable AP Reset an issue.

Trade-Ins are not refunds.

5. OP
    OP
    kyw101

kyw101 Red Snail

Jul 12, 2021
    10:26 PM
    I did read the event announcements posted by Staff and all the changes at the start of the event but this 6th anniversary event unusually had tons of changes and new additions so I could not remember about the addition of AP Reset (Event) after spending 1 month constantly grinding for event points. Not all people have good memory.

Also the description under the AP Reset (Event) is vague. Even if you *read* that description "untradeable" doesn't really tell you anything much.

Not really have much to say on this since this thread is not about discussing why a transferable AP Reset is an issue. I'm sure it has been discussed elsewhere.

Yes I guess you can say trade-ins instead of refund. Terminology is not too important for me.