1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Assassinating Left Head More Lenient

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HarleyEllis, Dec 14, 2023.

1. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    3:37 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Currently, it is borderline impossible to react in time not to frequently whiff assassinates on Left Head when it performs almost any animation. Unlike Right Head, which has for every duck several tell frames in advance that can be reacted to, LH's are quite abrupt. Additionally, animation frames that 'nates would connect during for RH seem to behave entirely dissimilarly on LH, even accounting for the difference in positioning. Just the slight rear back or first frame or two of a duck seem to have far smaller hitboxes for LH than RH. I propose that either the hitbox for LH's animations be examined and slightly normalized to behave similarly to RH's, or, that for LH animations that move it out of 'nate range, additional frames be added at their start in order to allow for player reaction. I can personally only speak to the significant qol improvement for shadowers that either of these would bring, but have reason to believe the first option would also offer not-insubstatial benefits to other jobs. Please chime in if you also experience these or similar frustrating interactions with LH.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:37 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hmm. I've played two classes that have a few optimizations depending on left head behavior.

BMs can strafe as LH/RH ducks in order to squeeze out a few more lines while you have no target. It's far easier to do it on RH because it telegraphs it using a wind-up animation. On LH you need to be a bit closer to the ledge and need to react within the first few frames as it drops down to make sure your strafe lines hit accordingly. I'm not even sure if it's much of an optimization on left side because it compromises your positioning for wing slap.

NLs can use the middle platform to alternate between LH/MH focus based on slightly different footing. Currently, LH only has 1 attack that blocks your TT from hitting MH which can be counter-played by jump attacking above it. However, if more attacks are added that block MH focus, that platform would be less reliable, and NLs might need to just move to the top platform instead.

I'm indifferent on how things pan out, but I'm just glad someone's talking about HT because it's been long overdue for a rework.

• Like Like x 1
  3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    The head rotates in a circle and should only attack when it's at the top of the rotation. It's a pretty good "tell" before it attacks so you can either get off a quick attack before it ducks/does whatever else or at the very least not whiff.

4. TennGohan

TennGohan Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    I've always wondered if nate + bstep on LH and MH does more dmg in practice vs. just nate on MH. I usually just nate MH, even if LH is open because of this issue, especially on runs where MH has higher hp then LH. I've tried Bstep + Bot on LH/MH but BoT just complete misses LH most of the time even when it is not ducking lol. Good thing about left side is that if there is only 1 cleave in the run, you can just jump bstep heads/arm/wings. The most annoying thing is on the right side where even if there is only 1 cleave, nobody wants you to hit right arm because it gets triggered, so cleave is never an option. It would be amazing if they extended the head hit boxes a little so bstep could hit all 3 heads from either side!

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    Resisting the temptation to stay MH is difficult because I want so badly to believe I can noticeably exceed it if I just keep pushing myself and practicing natestep from LH. It only ever aggravates me though because there's seemingly no getting good, only lucky. I wish there was some reliable technique to perfectly position oneself at the far right edge of the large top left platform to allow more reliable 'nate contact, but it's a LA/Ariel situation at best. If you want to push right though, I suggest just coordinating bishops to both cross and shield on RH mc/MH wc/cd and have cleavers drop down each time for their duration. I realize however, that as anyone but the host, it can be exceedingly difficult to make any adjustments to the "standard" strats/tech, even though things like these really ought to be part of that anyway. As far as symmetrical triple head bstepping, I feel it would be an excessive buff for the already relatively good position we're in currently, when proper technique is exercised of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:37 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Coordinating with bishop is a big part of optimizing HT in general. All of the best bishops know when to best utilize their shield, and maximizing b-step time by saving shields for that should be standard bishop play in a comp that has a cleaver. I believe Blen did this in his Hero cleave comp.

If bishops aren't doing this for them, cleavers should just ask for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:37 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I agree with everything my pog shadower friends say

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:37 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I agree with anything any shadower ever says

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    10:37 AM
    Thief
    Siege
    left head HT with nates is very annoying got same experience at zak hands when top arms remain last u cant hit with it at all ,in both cases you force to single target hit but cant use it and losing your value .

i hope to see some platform\hitbox fix for those in the future even a mechanic that could get the full DPM of nates with some tricks that will force the attacker to interact with the animations will be great

10. OP
    OP
    HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    Galaxy
    Left Head feels noticeably different since last maint. Not getting scammed out of nates nearly as often. Placebo or was this stealth fixed/adjusted?

11. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    I feel like the ledges could be slightly tweaked for everyone bc even for cleaves up top there’s a far stretch to reach MH. It’s a risk of falling into the body and potentially dying, also rough for us Drk’s having to control zerk with chaos happening at times. RH I think it fine but the timing with the spells is just a matter of watching animations to queue its next move.